Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Waiting is not always best

I almost didn't get out the door this morning. Waiting around for Steve was not the best idea. While it's great to workout with someone else, you have to do what's best for you. It doesn't always work out to were they want to go for run or bike ride. Not everyone feels like doing a workout. I didn't let that stop me, but waiting around and feeling the disappointment of having to go it on my own.. took a little out of me wanting to get out the door. 
Moral of my story this morning. Don't be dependent on someone else to get you out the door. Just go it alone and figure if someone goes with, it's an added bonus. You are in charge of your own fitness. 
I set out to do our big loop, but cut the little extra loop off. I went out and back 11 miles and then rode up to the store to pick up breakfast and biked home for a total of 18 miles in 1 hour and 13 minutes. I even gave Steve two option to come with and he declined both then wished he had just gone and biked with me. I certainly do not regret my bike ride, but he sure regrets not going with. 
We spent 10.5 hours at the Minnesota State Fair yesterday. This by far was my favorite moment of the entire fair. We had no idea the line to personalize a coke can was wrapped all around the back side. I came in from the side and just jumped the entire line.. and in one short minute we all had our names on a Coke can. A big Oops.. but sometimes that oops turns out to be a good thing! 
We all ate a lot but shared most of the foods. We started out with these pretzel covered cheese curds at 9:00am







No comments:

Post a Comment