Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Here we go... Day 2 diet and healthy eating

I'm 100% into making a change and seeing the results. I could almost see them in just one day of my diet. I stuck to healthy foods for an entire day.. It was not easy at night. I did have a little more french bread then I should have but it wasn't like I went off the deep end. 
I don't have a hard time making good food decisions in the mornings. This is what I ate today and just about every day.. 2 slices of whole grain bread with my chunky Skippy peanut butter. We had blueberries! I always try and eat fruit too in the mornings but we usually only have bananas. 
I had zero Capri's to workout in this morning. I found my running skirt but I can't run in it due to the shorts under that like to scrunch up on my thigh. It leaves skin touching skin and there is nothing worse feeling. So it was off to bike up to the gym.. 7 miles and 20 minutes of weights. Once again, I spent way too much time doing yoga stretches and my warm up exercises of planks, lunges, squats etc.. 
Remember me saying I had no idea of what I'd eat for dinner? Well, I decided to copy this salad we had Bricks Restaurant a few weeks ago. It's sooo easy to make. 

I purchased the honey roasted pecans (found them in the produce area). Chopped up a garden tomato, used Romaine lettuce and made the honey garlic dressing. 

Here's the dressing recipe:
1 cup lite olive oil

1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 garlic glove chopped fine
3 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp sugar

I also topped with Gorgonzola cheese crumbs. Trust me.. it makes the salads flavors all come out and its the best salad I've ever eaten! 
Because I was going to have a slice of Garlic French bread, I wanted to skip the spaghetti so I chopped up some yellow squash and sweet onions and just steamed them with some tomato sauce. Easy dinner and quick too.

I kind of went crazy with my Greek Yogurt and raspberries yesterday. I had three of these 80 calorie Yogurts and 3 cups or more of raspberries. I just wanted to get through day 1 and today will limit it to one at night with tons and tons of fruit. 

I'm really looking forward to sticking with this veggie/fruit diet and seeing some weight finally come off again. It's going to make me feel super great once again! 


__________________________________________________________________________

Do you make your own salad dressing?

What's your favorite salad?


No comments:

Post a Comment