Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, August 3, 2014

This is what the start to a great day looks like.

Summer.. green.. early in the morning and just me and the dirt road. running miles.. 8 today! 
I got to thinking on my run how the best part of my day is always when I'm running. It might be hard to run, but its when I feel my best, strongest and most accomplished. Accomplished in that I love being able to check off working out on my todo list first thing in the morning. 
I'm contributing my biking yesterday to today's speedy 1 - 4 miles.. and miles 5 -8 are my recovery do what you feel like miles. I try hard not to look at my Garmin when I run cool down miles. This way I just can enjoy just being outside running, letting my mind wander and let my breathing be easy.. I'd really have to work hard if I am to keep up an 8 something minute per mile pace on the remaining miles. 
See... I'm in my happy place. Biking just never has that same effect but I need the mix for variety and to help me run faster. I do pick up the pace when I take a few days off from running. 
]
Saturday was all about the food. Steve and I took a mini road trip to Hudson Wisconsin. We had a gift card to use up at a restaurant, Bricks. This salad was AMAZING!!! Honey garlic dressing on Romaine lettuce, crispy bacon and pecans sprinkled with Gorgonzola cheese. I could eat salads 24-7 if they tasted this good all the time. I must copy this Salad! 
The pizza.. sausage, mushroom, onion and tomato pizza was beyond good. This place is sooo good! We still have $30 left to use up on the gift card so we will be back again! 
Just because we are good at splitting our food. We shared a FroYo..  chocolate, and berry blast with mostly fruit topping but I never can resist some peanut butter cups with chocolate yogurt. 
Hudson was crowded.. people every where. We found out why.. they had a car show down by the rivers edge. Steve's into cars so we strolled around while we ate our froyo.. 
 People do some weird stuff to old cars. I'm not really into owning one.. but its fun to look at how the cars have been fixed up. Just huge tanks of cars back in the 50's.
We had another gift card with just $10 remaining on it from Doolittle's. We just wanted to eat outside on a patio and knew they had a nice one plus, we know the food is going to be excellent. 

Something else we need to copy and make at home. Flat bread with roasted chicken, mushrooms, pesto, roasted tomatoes, cheese and Italian parsley. 

Not only did we eat the flat bread pizza.. we split a burger with smoked cheddar and bacon with fries. Who knew smoked cheddar cheese would give the burger such a good taste, like it was cooked over a wood fire. We are going to have to get this cheese for burgers made on our grill. 

This is why I love to workout every morning.. not only to I get to start out feeling great, I get to eat. Eat stuff like burgers and pizza because I just ran and burned 1000+ calories. I have a little wiggle room to eat some delicious stuff. Of course all in moderation. .that's why we split it and I try to take the smaller half and portions, but not always. 




No comments:

Post a Comment