Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, August 2, 2014

14 Miles Biking just to get coffee

It sounds a little far to bike 14 miles just for coffee. It's really not far at all.. we bike 6 miles to Starbucks and bike home the other 8 miles along a rolling hilly dirt road. 
Its always fun to see the road progress.. this morning was a bit scary as that big crane with the bucket scoop was busy working and we had to go around it to get through. That big hole in the middle of the road is now filled in with dirt for the new road.. Our first time riding on it. Kind of spongy... feeling as we road over that area. It was filled with water so I'm assuming that's the reason its not solid ground. 
I don't like Starbucks food or need coffee, so I bring my own breakfast, a Greek 80 calorie fruit yogurt. I was missing all the raspberries I dump in it. 
I do like that they list calories on every food and drink option. It really does help me decide that I don't need a cinnamon roll that has well over 300 calories. Steve too made a healthier choice getting their version of an egg Mcmuffin,. 
It's a little hard getting motivated to bike another 8 miles after we finish our breakfast.. But once we get moving it feels great to be out enjoying the morning. Steve is looking to get a new lighter weight mountain bike. I think its time to upgrade. We do a fair amount of dirt road biking so its time to start looking.. Might get a deal at the end of the season? 

I like how the city of Rosemount has all these bike paths and signs every where. They are really a bike friendly city. 
Pace on the bikes was all over the place. Some of our riding is on paved roads, most is on dirt and there are a few places we have to stop to wait to cross roads or wait for a train.. 1 hour 10 minutes to go 14 miles. I'd really like to do this route 2x's and some day do a 100 mile road trip all on our bikes. I don't think we've biked farther then 25 miles and the longest we've been on our bikes was last weekend 3 hours in the woods. 
I was thinking about doing a brick workout.. run right after getting off the bike.. but nope.. Decided to finish up breakfast and enjoy the rest of my Saturday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment