Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, August 10, 2014

It feels good to be home.

 It's hard to end a great vacation in the wilderness, but it also feels good to be home. 
This time we took the kids with us to the North Shore, around the Lutsen & Grand Marais. MN areas. Camping in the woods from Wednesday night to Sunday morning. 
 I have a ton of photo's once again so what I don't include here.. will be on www.nelsonfamily14.blogspot.com. We brought up all four bikes. We never did bike down by Lake Superior but we did just around the lake we camped at. 
 Lake Superior was glass again.. no wind and so warm out. We decided this was a great time to try kayaking in the lake. The water is usually too rough to even think about boating. We only have 2 kayaks so we had to take turns. It wasn't a problem because looking for agates was super addicting. We all got a little obsessed about finding them. We just sat and scowered the beaches looking at rocks for hours. I never got tired of rock collecting. 
We brough home some pretty big gallon zip lock baggies full of rocks. 
Logan wanted to walk out to the light house in Grand Marais. Now that the kids are older I'm not freaked out about it, plus with the water calm it didn't seem as dangerous. 

On Friday we took a drive all the way to the tip top of Minnesota in Grand Portage. We were hoping to see the Indian PowWow, but what I really wanted was to eat an Indian Taco. It's a lot different the the ones I make but super delicious. Unfortunately, the Pow wow didn't start till 7pm that night and we were there for lunch and had to drive all the way back to where we were camping. 

 We set up in our favorite camp place. Made some great food, breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs and hash browns, Made hot dogs over the fire and had Steak with mashed potatoes for meals at camp. I kind of think we make better food then we can get at the restaurants. 
 We also drove up the Gunflint trail.. I made the kids get out of the car just so I could take their photo by the sign. I've done this since they were little and I'm not stopping the tradition now. 
 We had some very pretty sunsets at night.. and time to get back to camp to make a bonfire before it's pitch black out. We only had one scary night where Steve was convinced a large bear came into the neighbors camp site. Freaked us all out for about 5 minutes until we realized it was the guys fire cracking and him making the noise. We though he was sleeping but he was up and awake around 2am. Who does that? 
  A few days is not enough to spend on the north shore. I feel like we hardly have a chance to do anything and it's time to turn around and go home. I just need to take this view with me. 
The only exercise I got all the days on vacation was to kayak, bike, walk and sleep. I think sleep was what I really needed. No running, or planks.. just doing everything that didn't feel like a workout when your having fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment