Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, August 28, 2014

My first.. I just am going to walk- run.

My mind was not in it.. my legs were not ready and I just gave in. My 7 running miles and lifting weights didn't go so great on Wednesday. I kept telling myself just go any pace, enjoy the outdoor running because soon we will be stuck inside. It still didn't help. Thoughts of walking kept coming into my mind. I finally caved.. on the 6th mile, I walked.. just up a hill. I've never done that. 
Usually I tell myself, I'll get home faster running then walking. I've had thoughts of walking before, but have never actually stopped and walked. Not even when I started running did I do the walk run. I just started running a mile then kept adding on time until I was able to run 60 minutes.. which didn't take long because I had been at the gym using the cross ramp all winter.. 60 minutes every day or 6 miles. Running outside is a lot harder. Pavement is not as forgiving.. hills are more frequent.. and you have to keep going. 
I know lots of people do the walk run. There is nothing wrong with that. It's just not me. I want to run if I set out to run. Not give in to me feeling too tired, too slow and just not in the mindset to run.. and run for 7 miles. Either way.. run or walk I still finished 7 miles. I think that's more important then getting down on me walking up a little hill. I just didn't like that feeling of having a difficult run where I just wanted to lay down and not move. 

I felt so off all day, tired working, and so tired I laid down for a quick 30 minute nap. I'm back at it today.. hoping my run feels better but if it doesn't, I'm going to walk just to finish 7 miles because 7 miles is still 7 miles. 
I'm really loving my raspberries. We picked them fresh from the bushes. I eat more raspberries then Greek Yogurt. It's my favorite combo and I really don't reach for Ice cream any more. I tested myself and purchased ice cream, vanilla and peppermint bon bon for the kids and wasn't even tempted to have any. Goes to show you.. small changes add up over time and now I've got a new healthy choice habit! 
I got to enjoy the night. Soccer fields (some) have the best grass. Soft and green. Logan had his first soccer practice with a new team and coach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment