Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Three is my new number

I'm now officially up to 3 minutes of bent arm planks and 3 minutes of straight arms planks! I just decided that 2-1/2 minutes of each was not enough on Monday. It's day 2 of my new number so I figured it was safe to share. It just wasn't a one time deal. My real goal is to get to 4+ minutes for each plank. Oh, I could probably do it now with a lot of shaking and huffing and puffing, but I'd rather work my way up slowly and not die in the process. The last 30 seconds are always tough! 
I did my running yesterday and the plan is to alternate between biking and running. I got up super early just because I couldn't sleep, stretched and waited for Steve to join me on the bike ride. 
He wasn't really feeling like doing anything.. he kind of has the I just got back from vacation.. laziness and he can't shake it. I just don't understand this..? Shouldn't he be well rested just like me? Well, he was trying something new.. No coffee = zero caffeine before biking. His energy level was also at ZERO. 
I didn't want to bike by myself, but I felt like I was going it alone anyway. I kept having to stop or slow way down just so Steve could catch up. He's that dot way back there.. 
One of my fitness goals this week is to do a brick workout. You bike then run right after. I decided to just run our short neighborhood block that's about 0.3 miles around. I just wanted to get my legs use to running fast for a short time right after biking almost 13 miles. I know my legs are going to feel a tiny bit strange but they quickly recovered. I just wanted the practice of getting rid of that Brick feet feeling so no need to run farther. 
I really wanted to do more biking. It was a gorgeous morning. A bit on the cooler side but still really nice. I finished my PB whole grain bread, chugged some water and headed back out to finish biking 20 miles. I started off thinking I'd do the 13 miles loop again, then changed my mind and biked to the gym. My other goal is to lift weights at least 3x's this week, 30 minutes each time. 

I skipped all the leg weights. Biking takes care of that, plus I can feel the muscles in my butt and hips working away at the fat. You have to love biking for that reason alone!
We officially have a High School-er in the house. 

Last night was Celina's 9th grade High School orientation. Go Irish! It was also the first day of Tennis tryouts to make a High School team. 


What sports did you play in School? Swimming and basketball

Out side of school, I went cross country and downhill skiing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment