Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 8, 2017

When you give workout advice

I gave workout advice to someone that's been workingout longer then I have! And I mean about 40 years more. Goes to show you, your never too old or have been doing something so long, that you can't learn something new. My advice was to stop the sit up machine and just do planks for a stomach you don't have to suck in. Trust me, it will strengthen your core and if you have low body fat, you will have a six pack as long as you do daily sets of planks. It only takes me 12 minutes a day to do all my planks. It's not easy for those 12 minutes but out of a 24 hour day, what's twelve minutes of time? My suggestion, start off with less time, 30 seconds and only increase after you can do two reps. I've been doing this at least two years and I am still at 2 minutes. I can hold a max plank for 4 minutes but that's not my long term goal, it's just to do them every day and still feel hard to do. And NO, it never feels easy, because if it does, you need to add more time or more reps or both! It does get easier to make it a habit and you will see results in a few months! Plus, no more holding in the stomach!

I'm not quite ready to show off my six pack. I have some body weight to lose. I can still see that six pack under what fat I still have on my stomach but it will only get better with less fat. That's what I'm going for this summer! Time to show off those abs!!!


I'm feeling great about my weight loss progress! It's day 7 and I could not be happier! I can see my weight loss efforts and want to continue. I'm staying under 500 calories per day. I have two meals a day and make sure they both contain protein! I had a tough time the first four days. After that, the sugar with drawls are gone and I felt a lot better. Each day I have more energy and it gets easier to not want to eat more. I have a hard time getting breakfast down as it takes me at least three hours to eat my wheat bread with PB. I found some Organic bread that I like just as much as the other one I was eating. A win/win. It's Papa's Whole Grain Bread, 90 calories a slice. I found it at Target.
Friday, I spent a good chunk of my day at Dicks Sporting. I was in search of new soccer shoes for Logan. He is wearing size 10 and his feet are 11.5! I took a photo of pretty much every single soccer shoe and he didn't like any! I'm like, just pick one, who cares what they look like! Ugh!!!! We might just have to order on line!


My weekend plans are pretty simple, get in a bike ride, paint inside the house, and good my sweet potatoes over the bonfire coals. Potatoes are the best on a fire. I wrap them in foil and set them on the coals for over an hour. You have to turn over the potatoes to get them cooked on all sides. They are sweet and delicious! I'm going to have my sweet potato with some stove top cooked thin pork. Perfect meal for a nice Saturday night!


Happy weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment