Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Dealing with hunger

It's hard sometimes dealing with hunger while on a diet. I was having one of those "I feel hungry days". I didn't blow my diet, but I did give in to going over 500 calories for the day. I made some healthy food choices to keep my calories low. I had an extra helping of my weight loss Mexican soup, spicy and low in calories. I was still hungry, so I had a 20 calorie hot chocolate. I ate carrots and had some fruit, strawberries and a small banana. That was my splurge, Fruit! Nothing to feel bad about and still under 1000 calories for the day. I think I counted around 840. I even had some chicken for dinner with my sweet potato. I'm going to need more food some days on this diet to keep moving forward and sticking with my weight loss goals.
Part of my hunger came from it just being the afternoon/evening. I was bored, tired and just hungry for more then soup. I could have easily reached for cookies or bread, but I knew that was not the answer to my hunger. I now crave healthy foods and I want to stay that way!
 
I made the mistake, and I say that because I tried on some clothes. I hate the new style of loose fitting tops. They look cute on the hanger but on, they look like maternity wear or someone needing to hide a big belly. I don't want to feel like I'm wearing a tent to hide out in. I also tried on some pants and shorts. Again, not exactly the fit or size I want to be. A ten is tight, but at least I'm in a 10 and going back down to my size 6/7/8. You just never know what size you'll be with clothes. I felt fat and didn't feel good about myself after trying on those clothes. Big mistake for me to take that risk right now. I need motivation and not to be discouraged! Even after I lost the initial 40-50 pounds five years ago, I never liked shopping for clothes no matter what size I am in. It was a lot more enjoyable to be surprised at the smaller sizes I was able to fit in and look good wearing. I'm just not there yet and want to be.
A good way for me to deal with hunger is to stay busy. Go for a run, walk, workout, do yoga, sleep. Look at healthy motivation sayings. Update my fitness journal. Watch TV.. eat something healthy.
 
Trying to stay motivated on diet day #18. I'm not working today, so it's going to be a challenge. I also don't have the energy to run and know I wont be starving. I should go biking to burn some calories. I will be eating of healthy foods. I also have plans to do some shopping. I'm just going to look and not try on. Plus, I'll be cleaning my own house to burn calories and maybe an afternoon nap is in order. Not a very exciting day planned for myself, but a much needed day off to do whatever! I just need to stay focused on the big picture of my weight loss goals. I'm in the home stretch. I did the hard stuff, getting to where I am now. This is the point where the weight loss will give me the most for my efforts. I'm struggling right now. I knew this would happen.  I've just got to push through and keep persisting in my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment