Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

500 calorie diet, here's the update

I'm still at it with my 500 calorie diet. I'm trying to drop at least 20 pounds fast. I've tried the slow method a million times without any success. This is how I know to drop weight and then be able to keep it off again with exercise and of course back to watching what I put in my mouth!






I'm feeling good with the lower amount of calories. It's actually on day 10 pretty easy to stick with two meals a day. I eat my slow breakfast over a few hours and then I eat dinner. That's it. I made another batch of that spicy Mexican soup and it's even hotter this time around. I added more of my spicy salsa. The peppers are great for fat burning and it fills me up with all those veggies. I'm even eating bean!!! Got to eat a little protein to keep me from getting hungry.




In most situations, I would not recommend adding a ton of other exercise when your trying to diet and only consuming 500 or less calories per day over an extended time. I did get in a run today and I don't think it will make me more hungry. I didn't feel tired, I am a lot slower on time but I was doing an easy run. Just a quick 1.5 miles around the neighborhood. I also have been keeping up my toning exercises. Some days holding that plank is a real challenge while I've been on this diet but most days it feels like any other day, always difficult but I get it done.




Now that I've reached day 10, I am guessing I could have lost a pound a day. It would be nice to think I could lose two pounds a day but from what I read, one pound per day is more like it. So, More then likely lost 10 pounds. I'm now fitting into pants that I couldn't wear before losing weight. Today, I put on these tight gray yoga pants and they fit great! It's nice to get back into my skinny clothes. I shouldn't have waited so long to get back on track with my weight. Its a lot easier for me to go for a 60 minute run or bike then had been to diet 24-7. It's okay to just do one thing at a time, either diet or exercise. No one said you must do both to lose weight. although, I'm sure the weight will come off a lot faster with exercise. You can not maintain the weight loss with out exercising. You can not lose weight with exercise alone, it must be dieting too.




I'm pretty sure no one really notices when anyone drops 10 pounds, unless they are already underweight to start with. When you have 20+ pounds to lose, it's going to take at least 10 more pounds of weight loss before anyone else notices you've been losing weight. The days ahead, knowing that the real weight I want to lose will come off is my motivation to keep going with my diet. I want to be able to wear all my summer short and not struggle with them being too tight!

I'm not sure what's going on with my photo sizing today. I might have to correct that later on. I took Zoƫ to the vet Monday afternoon to get all her up to date shots. That was not cheap! $238 later and I was out of there. Maybe next year, I'll spread out all these shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment