Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekend Recap of sorts

 
I only went running on Saturday morning in the rain. A quick 30 minutes to run three miles. Sunday, I didn't run but sure could have done it earlier or later but I didn't. I even skipped my daily planks on Sunday, the only day last week I didn't do my exercises.
Sunday, we started the day off early with Logan's indoor soccer game. They won, 6 to 3. Logan almost scored a goal.

I remembered to take a few photos this week at his soccer game.
After soccer, it was already lunch time and then I had to get back to painting. I started the rails on Saturday afternoon. It took over three hours to just put on one coat of primer paint.
I had all these rails to do, plus the stair risers and stair skirt to the basement to paint. and not show is also the middle rail to the upstairs. I left the main rail up stairs over our entry to do another time. I put the 2nd coat of primer paint on Sunday. I'm picking up high-gloss paint for the finishing two coats of paint. We did not buy high gloss for all the other trim, so I will have to go around to all the trim I previously painted and put one final coat of paint on all of it. Something I didn't want to do.

The wall behind the stairs is being painted gray today and I'm hoping Steve also gets the dining room painted too. It's exciting to see the changes and get rid of the oak trim in the house. I'm loving the look of the clean white. It truly feels like our house is transformed. Which brings me to my next point.
Not only are we transforming our house, but I'm in the process of re-transforming myself. Time to drop some weight and get back to healthy eating. You could stay I'm taking baby steps the last few days to wean myself off sugar. I am making better snack choices. I still have a ways to go on limiting calories.

This week, I'm going to concentrate on no sugar snacks = junk foods, and I'm adding in eating less at dinner. I tend to eat most of my calories for the day after 5pm.

I'm also making an appointment to get some blood work done to re-check my thyroid. I'm tired, losing hair, have gained weight and achy all over most of the time. This could be symptoms of my thyroid since it was border line a few years ago. Time to have it re-checked and see if this is the problem.

We also spent some time shopping at Home Depot, waiting for our paint on Saturday. I found this Laundry room sink for $50, that should work on the new cabinet base. We'll just need a small countertop around it. I still have to paint the cabinet white. Plus, we will need a faucet and one that can wash Zoey. This is the last project we will finish before re-doing our master bathroom shower. I want Steve to add a tiled shelf system. This involves taking off existing tile, reframing the wall and adding shelves with tile. It should look nice and be a quick fix.


Since we've been busy working on our house and haven't had time to do Sunday night family dinners. Steve's parents invited us over for a beef tenderloin meal. Who can pass up that? Everything tasted soo good, even all the veggies is mom made and apple tart. I had two apple ciders with dinner and a little wine. I think this needs to be off the menu for me since I end up around 2am with heart burn after having any drinks. It's just not worth it to have my stomach burning all night long.
 
 Celina and Logan wanted to see who was stronger. Zoey thought it was her play time since they were on her level.
 
It was a pretty good match between the two but Logan won.
 
He might be convinced to start lifting some weights now.
 
Speaking of lifting more weights. I have it on my goal page to start doing my weights two times a day along with my yoga in the evenings. I think this will help keep me focused on my weight loss goals or at least I hope it does. I sure have a tough time with sticking to the weight loss plan. That was the easy part before, now exercise is the easy stuff. Well, never easy but quicker then weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment