Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, January 19, 2017

I need to do this to transform myself

The only way I'm ever going to transform myself is to drop some weight. I do need to lift more weights to add more muscle building. I have muscles, they are just covered under layers of fat that need to be shed. I have to stop making excuses and start taking action. It's not easy to change and to stick with my food plan. I'm tired after working and just want to distress which is usually with food and poor food choices. I've come up with 7 techniques to keep me focused on transforming my body.

I'm going to try this when I'm home from work and in the I'm tired and just want to lay on the couch mode.

1. Meditate- get off the couch, lay on the floor and be mindful. It works in the morning while doing yoga and it should help in the afternoon too.

2. Read more - that means find a few good books to keep my mind busy. Not just reading the Internet about the news which makes me anxious worrying about all that could go wrong the next four years.

3. Eat with a purpose - don't just eat because I'm bored

4. Don't buy the junk, keep crap foods out of the house

5. Do a little menu pre-planning and prepping to have healthy choices laid out

6. Think of the big picture, weight loss = more tone looking and feeling better

7. Come up with non-food rewards.  New fitness clothes, new shoes something for me. Mini rewards along the way. Just get through one hour at a time in the afternoons.

It's a start and I've started and stopped a million times before. This time I'm going to focus on transformation of habits. Not just focus on weight loss although that is the goal to shed pounds. I need a new me and this is my plan.

To really get serious about my goals I need to find out how many inches I lost. I'm not going by weight. I'm going by how I feel and the inches I've lost to fit into those jeans.
 
Here we go... day 1. I'll be blogging this afternoon when I'm in the I'm tired and need to eat time of the day. I'm going to work through my list of 7 and will report back to how its working and if I need to make any changes.
 
I've already pre-planned my meals/snacks. We don't have any bad junk in the house but I do need more prepped healthy foods around for binge snack time.
 
The library is on my list to visit to get some much needed books to read.
 
I'm going to try lifting weights before bed. I have this night time window between 7 and 9pm where I just watch TV and scan the Internet. Time to schedule in some extra fat burning and it will help to transform myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment