Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Wednesday... snow fun

We are getting more snow this morning. That's good and bad. Good for skiing and not so great for driving to get around for working. I'm also not so crazy about the colder temperatures. It's around 6+F and will only get to 10+F today. Not that Tuesday was much better because the temperatures decided to keep dropping and the wind picked up a lot while I was out skiing in the afternoon. I probably should have dressed warmer! I did warm up but not enough so today, when I ski, I will dress in more layers!
 
My cell got to cold and it lost all battery power when I tried to take a photo after skiing. Go figure! I do have some fresh snow puppy photos for today.
Zoey is a bit high maintenance. Its in and then outside again and again. We do this all morning going from the front door to the back yard. She has to check it all out many times over and she is persistent in getting her way.
 
 Steve was in traffic for an hour, didn't even get out of our city, when he decided enough was enough. After the night before being stuck in traffic for two hours, he didn't want to spend four plus hours sitting in traffic just to work a few hours. Good for us because he picked up paint to re-do the kitchen. It was originally cranberry but of course we no longer had the paint bucket. He just went from memory and tried to pick something similar to what we had before. We really liked the cranberry and wanted to keep that and only that color in our house. It ended up being darker and more red then we expected. We think after 16 years, the old paint probably faded a lot! I'm getting use to the new darker color and it's really not that different from the old one. Plus, it just looks nice to clean up the walls with fresh paint. One more room done and a little farther on our home projects.
 
 
It was Tuesday $5 movie and the kids and I watched the movie Hidden Figures at the theatre. Excellent movie! Talk about three amazing women! We were out of the movies by 6:30pm and thankfully, the President wasn't on TV till 8pm with his goodbye speech. We will truly miss Obama. He sure did make the message clear, to get up as a citizen and start doing something to protect our democracy. 
 
 
Just a little cute puppy photo of Zoey when she was only a few weeks old.
 
I have another day of skiing ahead of me. Just got a call for a less busy work day but that means I'll be making it up on Friday. Sounds good to me since now I can go to work later, and then ski. I was super tired yesterday when skiing and took the shorter route. I did end up skiing 52 minutes for a total of three miles. Skiing in fresh snow when there is little to no trail is no joke. Its a lot tougher and I was exhausted! I'm sure today's trails will be pretty much the same. I can only hope someone else gets out to make a trail before me so it's a bit easier to ski.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment