Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 13, 2017

Keeping Track of Positives

For the past few weeks I've devoted one extra page per week in my fitness journal to just keeping track of what positive things happen each week. I'm hoping this helps me focus on the good stuff in life and not so much the negative or at least spin the negative into a positive situation. It's all in how you interpret the situation.

So far my positives this week are pretty simple. Being able to get in an afternoon nap when I'm tired use to concern me. I'm wasting away a good afternoon doing nothing. Now I look at it as I have the opportunity to sleep more if I need to. I sure do need it at least four days a week. Today, I got in a two hour nap on a tiny loveseat. Not sure why I didn't move to some where more comfortable, but it must have been okay, because I had a great nap!
I also paid off Steve's dental bill. Which felt good to get that off my todo list. It was a whopper of a dental bill for just one tooth.

We got a start on painting the main floor, kitchen is done!

I picked up another new client and that's always good to make more money.

We have enough fresh snow to ski. Just waiting for the warm up this weekend back into the 20's and next week looks perfect for cross country skiing every single day.

I went to the gym today and biked for 30 minutes, plus did some ab exercises while I was there.

Still doing my daily planks and weights in the mornings. I am going to try doing a plank at night too and maybe lifting some weights. Or at least do some yoga.

I baked some7-layer bars last night and Logan said they were the best yet. I used cookies for the crust and a combo of chocolate, butterscotch and peanut butter chips for the winning flavors.

I received a $62.50 credit for fall soccer from Logan's club. I can apply that amount to spring soccer costs. Which helps lower my soccer bill for Logan. It's not a whole lot but I'm glad I made the effort to email and ask about a refund of sorts since the age rules changed in the fall and Logan wasn't able to play any games with his team since he wasn't old enough to play H.S. soccer. I'll take any credit I can get out of what we paid for fall coaching.

And the list goes on of the positives. It's not the whole picture because every one has struggles/negative stuff in their lives.

I am still working on my diet. So what do I make for dinner? Breakfast, waffles. I know poor choice. I could have easily had a salad but that's not what I really wanted to eat.

This picture of my feet has nothing to do what I'm going to say, but I had to have a picture. I've been avoiding the gym for a long time now. Once upon a time I liked when I knew people and they knew me. Now I just want to go there and not talk, just exercise. I still see some regulars, but they are not the ones I got to know enough to have small talk with. It just saves a lot of time when I don't have a lot of extra time to workout. If I have to have multiple conversations, I'll never get my quick workout in. I'm completely avoiding the cross ramp. Just sticking with the stationary bike.  At least I'm getting use out of my gym membership and not throwing away the $12 per month I pay. It not much to keep it going even if I don't use it. I just feel better if I do get use out of what I do pay. I'm going to try running there again in the spring, then lift weights and run home. Should be a good way use the gym and still run outside for the most part.

A sleepy puppy photo. This is Zoey every night around 7pm. I just wish she would stay awake a bit longer so she would sleep in till 5 or 6 am. This four a.m. getting up is not fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment