Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Tackling those New Year Resolutions!

I'm checking of my New Year resolutions! Making progress always feels good. 2017 is the year of the house freshen up. We are just doing the little things that are inexpensive (paint) to freshen up the entire house and change the look. This whole project started in November of last year and the momentum keeps going, moving from one room to the next. I'm not trying to do it all at once. I'm just doing a little each day. I had Tuesday off from working and because of the freezing rain and icy roads, I didn't go for a run. I had lots of extra energy. I wasn't planning on spending the entire day painting, with the exception of two hours to visit the Chiropractor and have lunch. I finished all four coats of paint! I'm still not done painting all the base trim in the kitchen area. I only have a small amount left, which feels great!

We now have all white trim in our entire upstairs, the dining room, porch, office and half the kitchen and most of the entry.
 The French doors are done on the entry side. I just have to scrape the glass free from paint. At some point, I'll be painting the office side. I'll have to spray paint the door handles in silver. Got to get rid of the gold even though it looks like it might be coming back in style. I'm just over it!
Look what came in the mail. My renewed Personal Trainer Certificate. I'm good till 2019 before having to do another 2.0 continuing Education credits and CPR update!

Lucky us!! Minnesota is having yet another Polar Blast. We have temperatures in the -minus single digits all week. I've decided to just suck it up and go work out at the gym. I've been paying for a membership that I haven't used in over a year. It's either use it once in awhile or give it up. It's not a whole lot of money but it does add up.

My plan for the gym is to do at least 30 minutes of cardio and then hit up a few weights. Its going to feel a bit off going in the gym after its been ages! I'll have to search for my check in key??

My other plans for the day are to dress like a normal person out of workout clothes. Put away our Christmas tree and do a little painting. Not to mention getting a start on sorting out all the receipts from 2016 for our taxes. If I'm not painting, I have to organize all our tax records for the accountant. It's due in February and I put it off as much as possible! My plan is to do my taxes like painting, a little here and there to get it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment