Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sticky snow is not my friend!

The snow conditions were sticky in the morning on Tuesday. We had freezing rain followed by 2 to 3 inches of heavy wet snow. I did not anticipate having trouble getting my ski's to glide over the snow. They would stick and make it feel like I was trying to ski through drying cement. It was tough. I was wishing for wax on my ski's. I have non-wax ski's and I regretted that yesterday.
 
Per my Garmin, you can see it took me 52 minutes to ski under three miles. I was exhausted fighting every step with my ski's on. I contemplated just taking them off and walking. Was I ever glad to get back to the car after that ski workout!
 
If I end up skiing this afternoon, I'm going to wax, my non-waxing ski's! I'm hoping that does the trick, but I'll try it out first before setting off for the long trail in the woods.
I have a busy work day, which means that I'm skipping my morning workout and saving it for later. I need all the energy I have to get through my day of working. About all I do in the mornings is my hour plus of yoga while reading news on my phone. After that I do my planks and lift weights. I sure would like to lose some weight so I could actually see those abs I work so hard on every single day.
I know they are under there. I did think about doing planks twice a day, but its hard enough just getting myself to do they every morning. I do need to make some changes at night to move more then sit on the couch and recover from my day.

We've been seeing a lot of movies on Tuesday nights. It's only $5 and you get a free small popcorn too. Can't beat the cost and it just is a lot less people to deal with during the week then on a weekend night. Another good movie, Passengers. Next week, I want to see La la land.

No comments:

Post a Comment