Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Paint, Paint and more Paint

Yep we are still working on our home projects. Steve was busy painting our entry a shade of gray. He doesn't like it but I do. We compromise because I'm ready for a pillar color change other then red. I'd like it all gray and white. That gold is going next and I can not wait. We disagree on the dining room color too. I wanted to use the same gray as our entry, but the porch color will work too. It's a brownish gray. I'm not sure why we need so many colors. I'm all about just one and sticking with that for everything. Its just paint and it can be changed.
While Steve was painting the entry. I was re-doing the pillar base in the new red we used in the kitchen. It's super dark compared to the old color. I'm not sure I like it. I might just paint it gray when he's not home.

Steve, Logan and I drove out to Mojo Monkey's this morning to get donuts. I used up that Groupon for a dozen donuts. We just cut up the donuts and split them four ways to try them all. I'm not sure I had a favorite in this bunch. They all were overly sweet. I think they need to tone it down a bit on the sugar. These use to be my favorites. I'm kind of liking Cub foods a lot better for their donuts.

After painting the pillar base, I decided I'd better go ski. I needed to burn off the donuts. I'm not sure the snow conditions will be that great after Monday nights sleet storm. I'm hoping to get in one more time of skiing tomorrow before the storm hits around 4pm. I'm only working for a few hours so it should be a quick work day if I get going early.

Doing a little back tracking.. this weekend on Saturday night, Steve and I drove out to Cannon falls to drink some wine and listen to our favorite band, Ashes for April. This time Jim the main singer/talker in the band came over to us and had a conversation. He even remembered our names when he was up on stage and called out to us to thank us for showing up. The place was packed with people so it was a good crowd. The band plays from 6 to 9pm, right through dinner so we were starved. We never make it to 9pm because we always end up going some where to eat. We went to the Busted Nut in Hastings for dinner and then drove home by 9:30pm.
After skiing photo. My phone always dies because its too cold after skiing. I was lucky to get any pictures. I might have to try keeping the phone next to my body when I ski instead of in my pocket. It's not going to be much use in an emergency if it goes dead when I need it skiing.

I''ve been just skiing 5 miles and calling it good. It takes me 1 hour and 10 minutes to do the five miles. I think the ski's I'm using (non-wax) are a lot slower then the wax type of ski's. I just don't glide and go down hills very fast. I just like the convince of not having to worry about wax and I have a tougher workout since I can't glide very far when skiing. I waited too long to go skiing both Saturday and Sunday. I wanted to wait till it warmed up along with everyone else. The parking lot was jam packed. Good thing most of the skiers stick close to the trails by the main area. They don't venture out on the far trail, but I still see people on the weekends. Yesterday, I tried to keep up with a couple that had passed me on their waxed ski's. I managed to keep up to them by about 100 feet to the end.

and that's it.. just like that the weekend is over. I'm already looking forward to this week. Maybe not working but going to a movie Tuesday night. The kids have off Monday and Friday this week so it will be a short three day week for them. Logan has two soccer games this week. I'm planning on getting more painting done next weekend and maybe the trim too in our bedroom and the upstairs hall. I'll be either cross country skiing this week, or biking in doors and maybe running outside depending on the road conditions. Lots to look forward to doing this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment