Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Sunny Sunday 80*F In APRIL!!!

Zero complaints here about our weather the last two days. If only from here on out we could stay in the 80's. I'm loving April's weather!!
So, what have I been up to since my last blog post? ...
Celina wanted to have a bonfire last night with a few of her friends. It was  mostly just Steve, me and the dog at the bonfire. The kids stayed all of 30 minutes. 
It was a really great night for a fire. No bug, no wind and still warm after it got dark. Too bad I was so darn tired. Tired from what you ask? 
10:30am Steve and I along with 6 other soccer parents were out in the fields setting up soccer nets. How many parents does it take to put up one net? Apparently 6. Steve and I fixed the other net on the far side of the field. I did this last year so I knew to bring a garbage bag for the ties we needed to trim down with the scissors I brought. We all need to do 4 hours of volunteer time and I'm stretching this out to say we fulfilled our requirement. 
Oh, but before we went to the soccer field to put up the two nets, I ran 4 miles at the park. My plan was to bike after but instead....

I dug eight holes, two feet down for our fence posts. I dug and Steve went to the store to pick up the posts and cement. I was exhausted by the time I finished up the last hole. I didn't dig out two holes completely. They still needed to go down one more foot each. I dug into a rock and a large tree root in each of the holes and at that point I was Done digging! 
This morning, we were back at it again. Steve laid out all the supplies for each hole, one post and a bag of cement. I was the level holder, making sure the posts were straight and level. 
Done, and now the cement has to cure for 24 hours and we (Steve) can begin building the fence on the back side of our yard. Zoey is going to be so happy to run around. She is getting tired of being chained up. 
After my morning run, the kids had requested crepes for breakfast. I'm not sure how many I made but finally I got to eat a few myself. I opened a new jar of raspberry jam. So delicious on crepes! Not to mention, I was STARVING after my run. 
Another 4 miles of running at the park. Steve, Celina and her friend along with Zoey, went for a walk while I ran. 
I figured, I'd be biking later on, but I'm so tired after making breakfast and doing those posts, plus my daily exercise that I think its better to just nap. Digging those post holes (all 8) took a lot out of me! 
I almost forgot, Saturday Logan had another indoor soccer game. Two hours later and we were back home. He has practice today, which I'm good about always forgetting. 
Just a few Beautiful April day photos.. 
 I'd love to have the energy right now to bike, but I'll save it for late afternoon when  I'm rested. Time for a POWER NAP! 
Update on the Fitbit neighbor challenge.. I came in 2nd place again. Being sick on Monday didn't help my steps since I only had 5,000 steps for the day. 10,000 is my goal number which is about 4.5 miles of walking/running. I think I had about 80K steps for the 5 day challenge. The women who won was about 6,000 steps ahead of me. I could have easily went for a 4 mile run and pasted her up but I'm okay with 2nd place. It was her idea for the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment