Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Can you do the stand to sit test?

Everyone gets up and sits about a million times a day. It's a great fitness test to see if you can go from sitting on the floor to standing without using your hands/arms to assist you. You can't just fall back either, it has to be controlled up and down, a smooth motion. The more you touch to help you up or down the lower your fitness. Just count every thing  you touch to help you get up and sit on the floor. 
It might seem simple at first, its surprising how difficult it is when you try. Something so simple as sitting, something everyone does all day long can be very challenging for some. 
I can do this with ease. I am always surprised at just how many people, young and older can not do this test or have a really hard time not touching anything at all. How fit are you? Test yourself by sitting on the floor cross legged and stand up. Then sit back down with crossed legs. Did you touch anything? If yes, how many times? Every day fitness can be improved. Just this simple sit and stand test, you can do daily and keep improving your fitness. 
If you can not get on the floor, try standing from a chair with out touching anything and keep going from there. 
We have more rain this morning. I'm not going to melt but I sure don't feel like going for a run. I've been slacking since Monday or was it Sunday? I do notice my feet do not hurt in the morning when I come down the stairs. All that running is tough on my feet. Rest days are needed and I know if I give it a rest, running will be fun for me again and I will enjoy it even more. I just can't take too much time off. I don't want to lose my fitness. Not to mention, it sure helps burn those calories. 

What have I been doing with my rest time? Watching TV. I am still watching Games of Thrones, finished season 4 and then on to 5 and 6. Maybe once I get all caught up to the new season I will stop this binge TV watching. I only like being addicted  to exercise, not laying around watching TV. I tried to run or jog in place while watching TV but that only lasted 5 minutes. 
I've also been spending my time playing with this big puppy. How is it that she is getting so big, so fast? She is almost to big to carry. No longer my little baby. 
It's off to work.. daily exercises done, and cookies are baked. I'm guessing, I'll  need an afternoon nap or I should go for a run or bike ride, just depends on the weather. 


No comments:

Post a Comment