Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Back to normal, whatever that means.

I can't tell you how great normal feels. I'm back to feeling like my self again, after feeling achy and tired for the last 24 hours. It hit me hard and knocked me out, so much that I slept away an entire Monday. I did have to wake up for the two hours it took to pick up the kids from school and take them to the dentist. It was back to bed till dinner at 5:30pm and then I started feeling normal after I ate. Not completely 100% until I had a good nights rest. Can you believe, after sleeping all day, I slept through the night till 5am and then slept another hour with Zoey on the floor. I feel good as new today! 
I've had a very busy morning with this big puppy. Sunday, she kept having potty training accidents during family dinner. I'm not sure what that was all about. She had a few accidents on Monday because I was out all day sleeping and trying to feel better. This morning I was back on top of her potty training and we are back on track to zero peeing in the house. Thankfully, she never has accidents on any thing other then our hardwood floors. It would be a super mess to clean up carpet! YUCK!

It took me 30 minutes to do 15 minutes of exercises. I kept having to get up for Zoey, let her out, calm her down when she saw the kids and keep her from being crazy when they left for school. Well, the good thing is that I keep moving and that's always a plus. Its just not how I want to do my morning exercises. It just adds more challenges to getting it done. 
I sure did miss my morning breakfast on Monday. We were out of bread and me being too sick, did not go to the store. Being sick did keep me at 1400 calories for the day and that's only because I ate a slice of chocolate silk pie for a meal. 
I'm back to running. I have a few miles to catch up on. I'm signed up for another Fitbit walking challenge with a group of women. I'm in last place, thanks to being sick. I still managed to get in over 5000 steps with being sick and sleeping the day away. I have a lot of steps to catch up. Maybe I'll work on increasing my running miles today. The rest of the week will be in the 70's and I sure want to do a lot of bike miles. 
Speaking of bike miles, I found something fun to do. I want to start mountain bike racing. There are some races at Buckhill this spring and summer for beginners, intermediates and advanced riders. Its sponsored through Penn Cycle and the races are only $5 each. I watched a Youtube video to see what to expect in a race. Looks just like riding through the trails I do at the local park. This might be a fun way to mix up my training and do some bike races instead of just running races. I always like to try something new. Who can beat that price of just $5, with food and a raffle of prizes after the race. Its also on Thursday nights. I can still run, bike and get in extra exercise at night. The whole family can participate as they have different races for age, and male/female, with different levels. My first race, I'll stick to the beginner quick 20 minute race. I know I could handle the intermediate 40 minute race but I want to just learn the ropes of bike racing first. I have plenty of opportunities all summer long to do lots of races each Thursday. Steve even might try this bike racing too. Just remember, your never to old to try something new. Life is to short to sit on the sidelines and watch, get in there and just do it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment