Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 3, 2016

I did a few things that made me happy

I spend most of my day playing on the hardwood floor with this big baby. She can not get close enough to me and always finds a way to sit on me, lick my face or have some part of her body touching me at all times.  Its a lot like having a toddler again when you can't even go to the bathroom by yourself. There she is, following you around the house. 
I know my weakness is bread and specifically bread in the form of a sweet roll. I made some chocolate bread and a pecan cinnamon roll on Saturday afternoon. I just like to bake. It makes me happy.  I just don't like to have it around after a taste because I keep eating it, till it's all gone. A slice here and bit more later on.. you get the picture. I can not leave it alone. The main reason I don't bake a whole lot, other then make cookies for my weekly customers to give away. 

I like the pecan brown sugar cinnamon roll better then my chocolate bread. I tried to copy the Bread Smiths chocolate bread that I absolutely love, but didn't quite get the exact taste. Close but not the same. 

I did fix myself a healthy snack in the afternoon. I roasted some parsnips with some light olive oil, salt and pepper. They made for a healthy snack. I need to make them more often to have around for some thing quick and low cal to eat. Roasting takes a good 30 minutes, not to mention, peeling and slicing them up. Its a little bit of work but well worth the trouble because they taste so good. 
I found a good deal on shoes. They were either $9 or $10 each and super comfy. I purchased two pairs of these shoes to wear for work and walking around, in light gray and navy blue. I usually buy black shoes but I didn't like the looks of the black since they didn't have white soles. 

I bought a shoe I normally wouldn't wear,  but being only $10 why not? I'm going to be wearing them with my new rolled up at the bottom jeans this spring. I think the shoes will look cute for a casual look. Purchasing shoes and getting a good deal on them, always makes me happy. I didn't just buy three pairs, I bought 4, with some sandals too. Normally, one pair of shoes is more then $40! I love a good deal!  


It's going to reach sixty degrees by noon today. Going from a cold 33 to 60 is going to feel great! I made the decision to wait till we are closer to 60 to do my run. I think that will inspire me to do a little biking after since it will be warm enough to not get chilled. If I go run now.. burrr... 


I would like to start a big paint project this week. Gray is the "in" color for walls. Might as well follow the trend because we haven't painted in years. It's time for an easy, cheap change that I can do myself.  I have plans to paint the mud room, laundry, closet and half bath all in shades of gray. Plus, Logan would like his room painted in gray and white. Lots of rooms to paint and I'd like to paint some of our trim white. Sometimes it's just hard to start but once I get going.. It makes me happy to see the results of my hard work. 
Saturday night, we watched Logan's team play soccer then went to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant, Teresa's. It's just on the other side of another Mexican restaurant that we really like. I have no idea of why the city allowed two similar restaurants to open up so close to each other. Lets just say, we were not impressed by the new place. It was not cozy, all hard surfaces and super noisy. The food was just okay. They played 80's music and I felt like I could have been at any American restaurant. It had zero character of being in a Mexican restaurant. We will be back to our favorite Cancun Mexican and will never venture back to the new place. We like the cozy bar the authentic look of feeling like you could be in a Mexico restaurant, the salsa and chips are by far tastier, and the prices are cheaper on the menu items. I  doubt we could get a $2 dollar taco on Tuesday nights at the new place! 

No comments:

Post a Comment