Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, April 21, 2016

This should count as cross fit

After my busy work day, I got home around 2:30pm and immediately started to help Steve on our fence. He put the post cross pieces up while I carried all those fence boards to the back yard with a little help from the wheelbarrow. 
I might have had a little carrying help from the wheel barrow, but the boards were still heavy and I made many, many trips up and down our side of the house hill. It took a little over an hour to get all unloaded  and in the back yard. They are all stacked in piles along the fence line to be put up. 
I had a great workout, lifting, carrying, hill climbing and fence stacking. I will count this as fitness cross training. I was EXHAUSTED! I pulled over a chair when I was done and sat and just watched Steve put on some of the boards. I could not move! This was a better workout then going for a bike ride. 
I haven't been buying crap to eat at the store. We have zero ice cream or anything that really interests me to snack on for a junk food. What do you do when your craving something in the evening? I had to make some muffins. We had a package of Famous Daves corn bread muffins so I made some of these and they were delicious! I guess, if I am going to eat crap, I might as well make more effort and actually have to bake something. The rest of the day I ate good having soup for lunch and dinner, keeping the calories down. 
I have another super busy work day. I opted to just run a quick 3 miles around our neighborhood on the path to hit killer hill two times. I'm still in that neighborhood Fitbit weekly challenge to get the most steps and I'm not doing as well as others. Sure I get in plenty of exercise but it doesn't add up to a whole lot of steps/miles. I'll have to do some biking to make up some miles/steps today. I only count half the miles I bike since it would be equivalent to running. That's my justification for my step goal. 
Looks like it could be a really nice Thursday. I am hoping to be done working around 2:30/3pm today. I'm planning on biking to the bank and home. I just hope I have the energy, it's a few miles, around 17 round trip. Should be a good way to test my endurance since I haven't been doing that with running more miles. Biking is a good option for when I'm already super tired. 
There won't be much of this all day. I am looking forward to watching more of the Games of Thrones. I jumped on the band waggon after hearing every talk about how good this TV series on HBO is. I found out HBO has a free weekend of the first season. Or I think it's the first season. Any way, I'm hooked. More to watch while I rest up from my busy day later on tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment