Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Everything Purple... Prince

On the spur of the moment Friday, I wanted to do a road trip. The kids and I both had the day off so we headed out to visit everything Prince. 
First stop on our Friday road trip was to Minneapolis, First Avenue to Prince's star at First Avenue where he played many concerts back in the early days. I never did see him in person but he was a part of my high school years, Purple Rain. 
I'm not exactly sure we should be taking selfies and smiling? 
 We made our way to the memorial, up close to  Prince's star. 
 So many flowers and everything purple.



After our stop in Minneapolis, we drove out to Chanhassen to Paisley Park. 
We parked about a mile away from the Paisley Park. We just followed the crowd of people walking. News trucks, with reporters lined the area. 
I had never been out  to this area before and was surprised at how close to the main busy road Prince lived. Right across the street was a daycare center. How strange to think he lived in this Industrial Park with General Mills manufacturing just down the street. 
We walked along the fence and looked at all the stuff people left. Tons of flowers, purple balloons, some photos, a place to leave a message on the fence.. just a little of everything out there. 











This big camper van, from the police came through the crowd and drove into  Paisley Park. Do you think its to gather evidence? 
 After we left Paisley Park we drove the mile to Walgreens. Where Prince was last seen picking up pills. I'm guessing the pills that caused his death. Since it was the last place he visited, we also stopped into the Walgreens. 

 The kids and I were hungry since we didn't have lunch. We were on our road trip all across the cities for the day so what do you do but pick up snacks. Since we were at Prince's Walgreens. We picked up popcorn and some ice cream treats. I hear he really liked ice cream. At the check out counter I asked the old woman being the counter that was dressed as Minnie mouse if this was the Walgreens Prince went to. She said" I'm not allowed to answer that;!". Okay then... which to me means of course he was there and it was the drug store that he purchased his pills. The weird thing is she immediately got on the phone and said like code Blue or something like that into it and hung up. I'm like, we are out of here. That was too weird. 
Oh and I noticed this MN reporter. Amy something from the news. 


No comments:

Post a Comment