Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Snow shoe candle light trail

Friday night Steve and I took a snow shoe candle light walk through the woods. I'd never tried snow shoeing before. We picked a good night since the temps were up in the 20's and not minus zero.. A real warm up before the cold plunge once again. 
I was a bit disappointed to find out the trail was only a mile long.. We could go around as many times as we wanted until 10pp Once you go around one time.. that was good enough. It all started looking the same in the woods.
We just had to follow the candle light path through the woods. Even with out the moon out, it was fairly light in the woods. Steve made me scream right at the start of the trail. All of a sudden he said"Watch out for that animal". All I saw was this thing coming right at me, it was just so fast and not being able to see much I let out one of those blood curling screams. I think it woke up the whole woods. I'm sure people that were at the bonfire got a good laugh at that one. 
A couple out on the trail were quietly sitting on a fallen over tree. Me not paying attention to my surrounds, freaked out when I finally noticed something-them moving. It's not super dark out there at night but kind of creepy deep into the woods. 
We were warmed up after our hike through the woods so we didn't stop at the bonfire.. We just kept going.. 
The snow shoes and us talking makes too much noise to see any animals out in the woods. On our drive out to the trail, we did have a deer run out in front of the car and a skunk also crossed in front of us. I can't say I've ever seen a skunk that close. 
That was our Friday night entertainment.. Back home by 9pm.. 
Just waiting for the gym to open.. Doing my morning yoga, planks and other exercises. Lately, I've been only spending 30 to 45 minutes on the cross ramp and I'll do 30 to 15 minutes on the treadmill. I keep telling myself to do some speed but I like going at a nice 6mph pace.. with the last 2 minutes of my workout at a 7mph pace.. to finish faster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment