Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, February 9, 2015

A Not So Good Sugar Crash!

Being off Sugar for the last 26 days and then having an over load of sugar and buttery fat set me up for a Crash!
 Everyone wanted to go have some good pastries from Rustica on Sunday morning. It sounded like a very yummy idea to me. I started off not so bad with Celina and I splitting a sandwich.. then I ate an entire eclair followed by half of a chocolate-pistachio pastry. Way over on the sugar and butter intake!
On the long car ride home the kids and I crashed in the car and were fast asleep. I got home and then took an hour nap. That's what sugar does.. you crash really fast and hard. It just knocked me out for a good part of the day. Having gone almost a month without much sugar, I realize that's its just not a good thing to have too much. Its best to save it for a once in awhile treat and not to over do it. Lesson learned. I hope its something I can stick with because it sure does taste good and I do have a problem when it comes to sugary treats!
After sleeping away much of the day, at night the kids and I went down hill skiing. I love the cheap $10 lift ticket price. We only skied for 2 hours just because the kids had school  the next day. It wasn't very busy this time so there was no waiting for the lift. 
A great night to do a little down hill skiing 
It's funny how I liked the black diamond  hills at night. During the day time it always looks way too steep of a hill. 

Back to running again this morning. 45 minutes on the cross ramp and 15 minutes on the treadmill 6.1mph/random incline up to 1.5% and the last 2 minutes at 7.0mph.. 6 sweaty miles DONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment