Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Who said exercise helps you sleep better?

I can tell you that exercise does not make me a better sleeper. I just can't sleep through the night without tossing and turning throughout the night. Every night I wake up at 12:00. 2:30, 3..4.. and give up by 5am. I gave up an hour earlier and was up and out of bed at 4am after a very restless sleep. Exercise does not make me more tired at night. I've tried just about everything.. reading before bed, going to sleep the same time each day, yoga stretching, dark room, limit water before bed, cold room and exercise before bed. Nothing works! 
I was counting on being extra tired last night since I decided to go run 3 miles on the treadmill to test out my new running shoes. After my treadmill run, I had an hour of soccer or my speed 3 miles. I really wanted to be exhausted and fall right asleep. It did the opposite, kept me up, wide awake! According to my fitbit 4 hours and 55 minutes was all I could take in bed.. but not sleeping since I was up all night. I'm averaging around 24x a night restless and 15 or more times awake. That's a rough night. I am starting to hate going to bed. I'd rather take a restful nap and really sleep! If I could only feel tired enough for a nap! 
I'll probably be waking around like a bit of a zombie. Drugged up in a cold medicine brain cloud. I really wish my head cold would go away. Woke up with yet another sinus headache and an annoying little throat tickle cough. Oh the fun of being sick. 
I completely lost my appetite. I am forced to eat since I have to eat with my antibiotics for my sinus infection. I made my favorite lunch so at least it tasted good and was low in calorie with all the veggies.  I forced myself to eat a peanut-butter sandwich for dinner too. I was well under 1000 calories for the day. It's not how I wanted to stay with in my 1500 calories for the day but I'll take it. Maybe there will be some weight loss out of this too. I always hear about people not being able to eat while sick. Usually, I want to eat more in hopes it will make me feel better. 

I'm going to be spending time with the couch instead of running this morning.. I'll see how I feel after work. Lets just hope I feel better sooner then later.. This sick stuff is getting very old! 

No comments:

Post a Comment