Cheaters never win. I have to admit, I've been cheating on my 1500 diet. This is why I won't see any results. While I might eat good healthy foods 3 for all 3 meals, its not helping that I am way off on my snack choices. Lets just say Oreo Cookies and Raspberry Coffee Cake are to blame.
I have 10 tips that I'm working on to re-train myself to make good food choices not just at meals, but snacks too.
1. Drink water before I eat. This should fill me up more.
2. Slow down.. way down my eating. I want to rush through dinner and eat at race pace.
3. Ask myself at snack time.. am I hungry enough to eat a carrot? If not, then I need to skip the snack.
4. Look up the calories on the food I'm about to eat. To try and steer myself away from high calorie crap and eat something more healthy. It might not be worth it to down some coffee cake if it adds up to 400 empty calories.
5. Don't buy it.. Leave the Oreo's, ice cream and raspberry coffee cake at the store. Sometimes its hard to resist.. but not buying it, means I won't eat it later on. Re-direct to buying healthy fruit for a treat. Even out of season and expensive. Junk is more expensive then healthy in the long run.
6. Breathe.. do some yoga stretching to calm myself and redirect my mind to not wanting to eat the crap. Or at least tell myself that I don't want it.
7. Look at fitness tips on Pinterest.. looking at fit bodies doesn't make me want to reach for a candy bar. It make me want to look healthy and fit.
8. Just go to bed.. away from the kitchen, even if its 7pm.. just go read until you stop thinking about eating that junk late at night.
9. Write out my goals for fitness and weight loss.. It's hard to go grab crap when I just re-set new goals.
10. Have healthy foods ready to eat.
Have any more ideas?
I've also decided to cut back on the Caffeine. This little pill contains 200mg of caffeine. I don't workout until 2 hours after I take this so I'm thinking why do it? I just am slowly reducing the amount to avoid the withdrawals and the nasty headache that comes with giving it up.
Survivor starts next Wednesday. I am all in for the Survivor game. Tyler was my picked name. He's on the White Collar team. Seems like an okay pick, but I have a feeling he won't be the winner. I'm all excited to start watching the new season as its one of my favorites to watch.