Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Back at it.. trying to undo the food damage

Now that our ski mini vacation is over and the buffet is behind me.. its time to get back to healthy eating this week. I really got off track last week, BIG TIME. Not to worry.. Today is a fresh start! I've got a plan to eat 1500 calories today. I just have to visualize all the big people at the buffet line.. oh yeah.. I don't want to be that person with the tummy that runs over! 
Back to stretching and my daily exercises then off to the gym to run. 
Believe it or not.. I'm looking forward to my cross ramp run. A day of rest makes me want to run ASAP to sweat. I hate feeling lazy from my rest day and I want to burn off those calories from the buffet. 
I've been thinking a lot about my running goals. It's usually all about the outcome, placing. I just read that goals should be more about the training to enjoy the process to get to the race. My training is pretty simple.. cross ramp Monday-Sunday, Soccer indoor 3 miles of speed Wednesday, weight training 3 days a week.. and mix in some Stationary biking or treadmill miles a few days a week. I also vary the incline to replicate hills as much as I can indoors. It's never the same as outdoor running and I do lose my fitness being indoors all winter long. Plus, I don't like to run fast but I do push the pace the last 2 minutes of my daily run. 
When I think of new goals for this year.. My plan is to race in a dualthalon. Maybe get the family to join me! We would do it to stick together and not race each other because then it would not be about family. I want to make this all about having fun this year with no other goals then to do this as a fun family activity. 
Don't tell Celina, but I'm going to convince her to do a lot more races with me. A fun mother daughter bonding time. She's already signed up for the Get Lucky Race. 4 miles. Our goal is to just stick together and walk if she needs a break or go really slow. I'm sure she can run the whole 4 miles we just need to start working on adding more running miles..from 2 up to 4 at a 10 minute mile pace. Slow and steady.. just to run for fun together!


No comments:

Post a Comment