Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 7, 2019

What a fun Saturday!

Steve and I drove out west to Waconia Minnesota for a little wine and beer tasting Saturday afternoon. We worked in the morning and were having fun in the afternoon into the early evening. 
It was a more expensive tasting then others we've been to in the past but its always fun to try new places. It was only a 45 minute drive from home so we will be back to try more and check out some of the other wineries that open in May. 
 We played some cribbage and snacked on a pizza. I of course indulged in the weekend food and drink. Not very diet like. That's just how I roll with this diet to make sure its livable and I still get to have fun. Because, diets don't have to be not fun all the time. 

This was the 2nd winery and they too had beer but didn't make that. They had a nice big out door area but since it was cold, we sat in the tasting room and shared a small bottle. 

 On our way home, we stopped at the Buffalo Tap in Savage. We shared some onion rings and wings. I drank lots of water and had a few onion rings and three wings. I was done eating! One thing about this diet, I do get full easily which is nice because I know when I've had enough! I also don't want to eat crappy foods. So while I tried both of these fried foods, I didn't eat much of them. 
Maybe eating more makes me want to work out a whole lot more! I went for a run around the lakes, while Steve walked Zoey. Just a quick 2 miles.. We came home and because it's almost 60+F with the sun shining I wanted to get my bike out and go for a ride. 
The lake was super pretty this morning with a thick fog covering it. By the time I ran back to take a photo, most of the fog had lifted. 
 Off to ride 8 miles of rolling hills on dirt roads near home. Since I was a bit sweaty and there was a chill in the air, I dressed a bit warmer, with a head band to keep my ears warm, a jacket and gloves. 
 I took the shorter route since it was my first time out riding and I had already gone for a 2 mile run. I wanted to easy myself back into biking. Now that I'm upping my exercise and dieting it's going to help me get to my goal weight. At first dieting is tough, so I only concentrated on that and my daily exercises of planks etc. I added in cross country skiing while I could and now running and biking. The weight is sure to come off if I don't have too many splurge days. I'm keeping that to Friday and Saturday night! 

No comments:

Post a Comment