Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, January 4, 2019

Happy New Year 2019

Steve and I rang in the New Year 2019 by going to Young Joni's for dinner. We shared mushroom in misu butter sauce and then split two pizza's so we'd have some to take home. 


We were lucky to get any reservation at this place. I called mid December and all we could get was the chef counter. Worked out fine because it was fun watching them cook all the food.

After dinner we checked out the secret speak easy in the back ally of the restaurant. It was a cozy hidden drinking spot, but far too expensive for drinks as they didn't even list the prices on the menu. We did find out happy hour at this hidden place you could get their cheese pizza for $6 dollars which is a super deal! We might just have to get a pizza and dash.

We celebrated the last birthday of the year, Tim's which is on the 26th but was delayed a few days. I made at his request a Red Velvet bunt cake with cream cheese  frosting and I made letters in chocolate. It turned out better then I expected. I used a cheater box cake but added in chocolate pudding to make it an extra moist cake. I pretty much copied Nothing but the Bunt cake, only I used all edible decorations on the cake from chocolate. 

Now to start fresh on the new year. Meaning diet to lose 30 pounds in the new year. Start exercising again. I stopped due to my heal/feet issues hurting all the time and not being able to walk when I was in a lot of pain. Back hurting all the time and elbow/shoulder issues. Time to get all that fixed and I'm taking steps to do that. Going to the chiropractor for my shoulder and back pain plus, seeing a doctor about my foot issues. Hoping to get all this figured out and then start running again. In the mean time, I'm starting back on my daily planks/weights. I use to do this daily but the last year, with Steve's eye injury I just never did much of anything. The weight crept back from the stress and the exercise with all my aches and pains when to the way side too. Not the right track at all.

My plan is to do my daily planks in the morning. Limit bread to once in awhile. Cut down on calories, staying around 500- 1500 per day. Start going to the gym and bike till my foot heals and then start running / biking in the spring or when the roads clear. Plus, cross country ski if we ever get enough snow this winter!!

It's a start and a plan to get back on track for 2019.
My other plans are to increase my business sales and build back up our savings which we relied on while Steve wasn't able to work last year. Travel is top priority too. I want to see the world or most of it. Time to start earning more so we can travel. I want to do more camping because I love the outdoors. Also look into more business ideas and try something new.

We also have house projects we/I want to complete. Finish up painting all our upstairs doors white. I started them and will be finishing them up this month. Paint the office, clean out the basement and finish that up this summer. Re-do our master bathroom shower/tile/vanity to update. We also will be working on our front yard. We have a few tree roots that are over the grass and we need to add black dirt and then sod over that area. Add rocks to the front area to get rid of the mulched area. The dog keeps getting dirty and we need to get that all cleaned up and easy to maintain.

Update on Steve's eye. Wednesday 1/2/19 he had the last 3 stitches removed from his cornea transplant. Next appointment in 1 month will be to get a contact lens with color matching to his other eye. Hopefully, he will be able to see more clearly as the eye heals and once the contact lense is adjusted for distance.

Happy New Year 2019!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment