Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 6, 2019

Trying to make positive changes!

 I've been trying to make some positive changes in 2019. It's been slow going. My first priority is to work on weight loss. It has not been easy. I need to lose at least 30 pounds by spring. I just need to go back to doing what worked when I lost a lot of weight 7+ years ago. Limit my calories, eat more veggies and exercise!
I ate a lot of salsa and rice to lose weight. Probably more salsa. I'm now making chili soup and eliminating the rice. Just loaded with veggies! Plus, I love the spice, which gives it the flavor I need to love eating it day after day for lunches. I'm trying to skip breakfast because I was just having PB on 1 slice of wheat bread. If I need a breakfast, I'll just cook up a scrambled egg. I also eat popcorn for snacks, but dinner always throws me off. I need to start pre-planning and cooking healthy foods to make sure I dont go off my diet at night. Also I need to stop drinking my apple ciders, or at least dilute them down with ice and drink only 1, not two. It's baby steps but in the right direction. 


I'm also adding back in my daily planks bent arm 1 minute, and straight arms 1 minute, plus, weights for my arms. I stopped doing this back in November of 2018 when Steve had his eye accident. I should have never stopped but I ended up with a right arm injury, pulled something and it hurt just to move. 
It's also tax season where I have to go through all my 2018 receipts for all three businesses. I wait till the year is over before touching them. I should do them quarterly, but I don't. It usually takes me a good month to get all our taxes ready for the accountant. This year I have a little extra to do since we owe back MN sales taxes for 2016, 2017. So I need to go thought every invoice and add that all up too. A lot of extra work! I have it figured out and hopefully it will go quicker then I expect. 

I took a before picture of our messy office with the red walls. This will be cleaned up and painted in January. I'm hoping Steve will get motivated to paint it and I'll do the clean up. It's been like this for 18 years and its time for a change! Brighten up the room and add a gray/blue color to the walls. The last of the walls in our house to be painted in the new colors! 

I'm loving my new cookie spritzer maker. I make cookies for my customers and this press is so much fun. I made these today. Easy butter cookies with almond. I can add chocolate or any other flavor to mix it up and have many different press type cookies to make. I  still want to try making cheese crackers with this press.

I want to start working out every day again. It's been the hardest for me to get re-motivated. My foot has been feeling better the last few days. I tried some electrodes on my left heal and it seems to be working and just wearing shoes with a cush insert has made huge improvement on my foot/heal pain.  I'm hoping that did the trick and my feet will stay feeling pain free. I don't want to risk it by going out running so I'll start in the gym and bike every day, starting with 30 minutes and going up to an hour once again. I'm still hoping it snows at least 3" so I can get back out and cross country ski. I've only skied 3 times this winter where we have had enough snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment