Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Success! One week!

I did it!! Made it to 7 days /1 week of my fasting diet! I need to figure out a non food reward! Not sure what that will be,maybe new earrings?


Here's what I found out from fasting one week! It was not that bad. It's something that feels easier for me to lose weight this way, waiting till dinner time to eat a meal, then allowing myself to eat throughout the day. After dinner, I only have 2 hours till bed time so its not many hours to control my eating or not eating. Once I start to eat, I usually want to keep eating, like having a night time bowl of ice cream or afternoon snack of popcorn or some cookies. Now that I wait till dinner to eat, this gives me time to think about what I'll be eating and pre-plan a little. Plus, I've been trying to slow down eating and enjoy every bite. I don't feel hungry till after around 2:30/3pm but it's only a few more hours till dinner and easy enough to wait. I just have a low calorie hot chocolate or drink lots of my flavored waters to fill me up. Going out on the weekends, I thought would be my down fall. While, last nights meal was not that healthy here's what I did to make better choices. 
1. I did not have anything to drink with calories. I didn't order a cider. That saved 200 - 400 calories. I just brought my hot chocolate low calorie mix and some flavored water packages to add to water at the restaurants. I also split the meal with Steve. We shared wings and a burger. Even though the wings are fried, I did not eat the skin. I did eat the crunches off the wings and ate only 5 small dummies total.  We split a half pound burger with bacon, lettuce and an onion ring. I peeled off most of the bacon and had zero fries. I did indulge in ketchup on my burger. This way if we go out to eat, I don't feel like I'm on a diet that I can't have food. This has to be a life style change. Since we enjoy going out to eat this system works best for me. While I ate more calories Saturday night, I'm probably always going to have one night during the week where I splurge a little on calories. I'm just focusing on what I did right and not concentrate on the bad choices of eating fried food. 
Monday, starting out fresh again on week #2 of my diet. I thought on day 10 I would want to weight myself to see my weight progress. I'm not sure I want to do that any more. I'd rather go just by the way my clothes fit and how much fat I look like I'm losing. I don't want to be disappointed if I didn't lose as much weight as I think I should have for all my efforts. I just need to focus on keep going forward on my diet plan. 
This week, I will make diners so I can plan healthy meals and what time we eat. I'd rather eat at 5:00/5:30pm since I'm only eating one meal a day. 


Saturday afternoon, I made a chocolate cake from scratch, and drizzled the outside with chocolate gnash, topped with a cream cheese/butter cream raspberry frosting and chocolate happy birthday letters. It looked more like a water fountain, but I'm sure it will taste better then it looked. I have to say, the chocolate ganash drizzled on top really looked pretty before I added the frosting. The entire cake was perfectly coated in a smooth, glossy chocolate.


I spent Friday night with Evan and had a sleepover at our house. We made some pretzel candies and he decorated them with sprinkles and M & M's. He requested Mc'd's for dinner at the big play-land. A fun night to spend one on one with Evan. 

Just a little pollution cloud on my drive home. Looked a little like a mushroom cloud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment