Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, January 28, 2019

Snow Day!!

We got snow last night! About 6 to 8" of the white fluffy stuff. It's still snowing and cold, like -6*F. School was canceled for both kids today due to weather. Kind of nice for them. I still have to work. I could delay my work for today too, but the next few days the cold will still be really bad. No reason to delay working if it won't be any better! The roads have been plowed and Steve is in the process of getting our driveway cleared.

The end of the driveway is the worst with the plow pushing the heavy snow into our driveway. We shoveled most of the driveway and the snow blower will take care of the bottom of the driveway. The snow was pretty light and fluffy but its just bitterly cold out! I'll have to bring gloves and a hat for the car to be winter ready! 

Zoey usually likes to go out and jump in the snow when we are out there. She wanted no part in any of that today. She quickly went out and came right in. This is her favorite place to be, in the office window, looking out nice and warm by the heat vent. 


And the snow keeps coming down. I think it's suppose to stop snowing soon!


1 week weight loss!! Done! Yippee. I was trying to figure out how fast I lost weight a few years ago when I lost 40 pounds. I started to diet right before the State Fair in August around  the 27th? So that's 4 days in August, then all of September, October. By the end of October, I was pretty much at my weight loss goals. I probably lost another 5 pounds when I started to work out at the gym in November and I was cross country skiing once we got some snow mid November. I pretty much skied every day until spring. It was a great ski season that year. So basically I lost 40 pounds in 64 - 70 days of fasting/eating under 500 calories per day. Which turns out to be around 5 to 6 pounds per week of weight loss. Less then I was hoping but also encouraging to think that in 8 weeks, I can lose 40 pounds by staying on track. I'll keep posting to figure out if I can do this again! 

Looking back at week number 1. Day 1 seems so far away right now. Glad I figured out once again what works for me to lose weight. It's not for everyone. You have to figure out what diet works best. For me, its to lose weight quickly as possible with out feeling tired or to starve myself. I have to eat a little each day to keep up the energy and it works best to not eat all day. I'm never hungry in the morning so it makes sense to save my one meal for dinner when we all eat together. I don't want to miss out on family together time. I think the only hard time I had with the diet was sometimes after dinner. When I'd feel like I wanted to keep eating, like have a after dinner snack. Or when something stressed me out after working and I wanted that comfort food. I realized that a low calorie hot chocolate does the same trick and helps me feel satisfied and full to wait till dinner to eat. I also realized, I need to make dinners or pre plan my food. Makes it easier if I'm the one cooking dinner to keep me busy then waiting and starving to make poor food choices. 

Last night for dinner, I made chicken lettuce wraps. While they had both sugar and rice in the recipe, I limited my plate to 1 serving. After this picture, I added more raw carrots and a little cilantro on top and a little more lettuce. I'll be having leftovers for dinner tonight on day 8. 

Day 8, Week #2. 
While I haven't noticed a lot of weight loss just yet. I do feel a lot better and a huge accomplishment on my part to feel diet success on my first week. Going into week two feeling good about this diet and making more progress. I'm sure by the end of the week my clothes will start to feel more loose. 


Last week, I managed to do planks at least 5 times. My goal this week is going for 7 days. Plus, it should be warm enough outside to cross country ski on Saturday at the temp will be back up in the 30's and not below zero. More exercise and more burning calories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment