Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Run for the Gold.. 1 mile and 4 miles

We all ran in the Rosemount, Run for the gold race. We could run the 1 mile, 4 mile or both. I decided might as well run both and get in five miles for the day. 
This had to be one of the most humid mornings! It was HOT and tough going. I didn't practise speed at all so with that and the humidity, I ran an 8 minute and 9 second mile. The last time I ran this race I got a 6 minute and 39 sec mile. I wasn't even close! I still took 1st place in the 40 - 49 year old age group for women. Nice to pull off a 1st place win once again. 
We all ran the 4 miles. I had about 15 minutes after I did the mile to recover and run again. My plan was to just run at a nice easy pace. I'm not sure any pace was easy with the humidity. I ended up doing a walk run after mile 2. Celina came in 1st, followed by me, Steve and then Logan. I started off in the lead, Logan passed me up, then I passed Logan and Celina passed both of us. Steve was always about 100 feet behind us all. Some where along the way, Steve passed Logan to. We all waited for him to finish and cheered him on. I can say, we were all so glad to be done running!
Usually, I like to check the race results but we never got a chance to do that before they started calling the age group awards. I was surprised to get 1st place in the mile. I didn't place for the 4 mile. I just didn't care enough to run hard. I was glad just to run and be done with it. 
Right after the race, Celina and I collected our raffle wins. Golf balls and a bag for Celina and I received another T-shirt and a free running ID bracelet to order later on. We drove right to Starbucks for coffee and something to eat. Usually they give out bagels but not this year. It was just granola bars, oranges and bananas. 

Then it was off to Tim's to tell him about the race and to look at his new old car. 
 I think it was a 57 Chevy. Both kids sat in the driver seat in the garage because it was raining like crazy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment