Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, July 25, 2016

I felt so out of shape for distance and speed.

I feel so out of shape for distance and speed.  I haven't been doing much of either and it shows. 
I went back to my old running shoes because my toes need a blister break from the newbies. I'm not even running many miles and end up with blisters. This is just not fair! 
I might have taken 1st place in the 40-49 year old age group of females, but I didn't feel speedy (there were 8 or 9 of us that ran this race). It's by far not my fastest mile time of 6:39. I have to stay, it was extremely hot and humid. Felt like 90*F with 90% humidity. This was a tough day to race. Plus, I haven't been very speedy lately.. running at a 10 minute to 10:30 minute mile on my training runs. I suppose 8 some thing still isn't bad for this 47 year old. I just had higher expectations. 

It might have been only 4 miles but it felt like 13 with the heat. My goal was to just run what ever and it sure showed in my finish time. I was just happy to have my family run it with me. All I can say is that this heat killed me and my running. It was so hot that I had to do the run walk thing after mile 2. You know it's bad out when I walk in such a short race. I wasn't alone in this walking.. something that rarely happens in short races. I felt so out of shape running this hot race. My run this morning felt so easy in comparison. Three easy miles at a faster pace then race day around our neighborhood. 
I was so happy to see this little guy again. It's been far too long. Last night, Celina was babysitting Evan at his house. Logan and I went over to drop off dinner and visit for a bit. It's been since before the 4th of July, which is far too long to go with out seeing Evan. I have all day to spend with this guy. Can you tell how happy Zoey is to have a play friend? 



No comments:

Post a Comment