Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Focus on what you can do!

I sometimes don't take my own advice, like focusing on what I can do. I find that I listen to that voice who tells me about everything I'm not doing and can't do.
I've been skipping my morning exercises, planks, bridge, arm weights the last week. I have no real excuse other then I just didn't make time and I never got around to doing it. I'm not going to focus on what I should have done because I can't get those days back. All I can do is move forward and change what I can today! While my back is at a 10 on the pain scale but now is around a 4 thanks to pain and back meds that make it manageable, I'm still moving on with my fitness. I got back to doing 2 sets of 2 minute planks bent arms then straight arms, 2 sets of side planks at 1 minute each side, and some arm weights. I did skip the twists because I didn't want to add any more muscle pain to my already sore back. 
I'm going to start focusing on what I need to do. Like go for a bike ride, even if I cut it short. Run what ever distance and at what ever pace. I just am out there to enjoy my mornings and do what I can with the day I'm in. 
Injuries can always set us back, but there are ways to adapt and mix it up to keep making progress and to keep from focusing on what we can't do while we mend our bodies. 
I can not errase my poor eating habbits and the weight I've gained back. I can work on today. Eating veggies and choosing healthy snacks one meal at a time, one food choice at a time and one bite at a time. I need to cheer myself for eating healthy at the moment and cheer on the stuff I pass up to get back to losing weight and making good food choices. Its the little progress and the mind set that will make you a lot more happy with life. 
I'm going to plan out my day and focus on what I can do. Make healthy meals, exercise, work, go to the chico for my back pain and do yoga. Take a nap if I need it, pay some bills and enjoy summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment