Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Friday, July 22, 2016

Who Give a Flying Friday!

That's right.. Friday! What a day it was!!! Work Busy and not a whole lot of anything else. It was my last hour that was a super bummer. Why is it that others moods have to try and take us down too. I tried to say positive after all, I was happy. It's Friday and I was almost done working. I just needed to get through the last hour of work and then I would be done for the weekend! 
Instead of running, I've been biking. Not sure it's a great race strategy but I don't care. I'm doing it. I need a foot break and a running break. It just felt good to be doing something other then running to get in my hour of cardio/fitness. 
Its been in the 90s all this week and we wake to temps in the lower 70's. The kids wanted to go tubing on Thursday night after I was done working. Off we went to Cannon Falls. We hung out by the cliffs and layed in the super warm water. It actually felt good when we hit a cold/deep spot. 
It was a pretty perfect night to be out on the lake. Not many boaters or swimmers! The color of our jet ski matched the water color. The lake is pretty green. Kind of gross but that's lake water for you. 
After tubing around. My back still hurts a little from all the waves we hit. We drove home.. went to dinner, had Yogurt Lab, came home and then we remembered no one grabbed the tube. It was still sitting on the shore at the lake.. we hoped??? 

Back to the lake we drove... and what do you know.. We did a little happy dance when I saw it still sitting on the shore, right where we left it. We thought for sure someone would take it. It was sun down so you just never know!!
I'm going to be racing Saturday morning. Hopefully, both my kids will join me running a mile or 4 miles maybe both. I'm going for broke and doing both races. I'm not sure if I'll be running fast but I will at least try to get around the same 6:39 mile time I did a few years ago. Not sure if it's even possible since I never sprint anymore. Not since I stopped play soccer last summer. 
Race update tomorrow.. Lets just hope I don't get too worked up.. and nervous. This race will be far easier then my half marathon coming up in what two weeks? 

Sunday will be my long 10 mile run.. Then it's rest and low miles till the actual race. 
Wish me and the kids luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment