Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, July 11, 2016

I'm back once again.

Yes, loving that it's summer and its that time of year for mini vacation escapes. 
I was so busy just enjoying being at the lake with friends that I didn't take many photos. In fact, I didn't have my cell phone on me very much at all with the exception at night. I just wanted to unplug and soak it all up. 

We got up to Gull Lake Thursday late afternoon. We just really hung out and didn't do a whole lot the first day.  It was just nice to be on our mini vacation and catch up with friends. 
Friday the weather was not warm enough to swim in the low 70's, over cast and windy. The lake had white caps. The girls all decided a Spa day and some shopping was the best way to spend the day since we could not enjoy the lake. We all got pedicures and manicures. I probably should have done a dark color on my toes since I completely forgot all about my various shades of black toe nails on my right foot. It was a nice treat and then after our nails, we did some shopping or looking. Since that's what I did, just look. 
Lucky for us, the weather once again changed and we had the next two days of good lake weather. We pretty much spent the entire Saturday on the lake and most of Sunday. We stayed a lot longer then we were planning on Sunday due to the day turning out great. 
I finally got to try out our new water tube. I loved it. Logan and I got pulled around the lake behind the jet ski. I found time to do some evening fishing in our kayak's. We took many boat trips some to eat pizza across the lake and other rides to watch friends surf behind their boat and stop at the sand bar to hang out for a bit. 
I'm happy to report I did some running each day while on vacation. Six miles both Friday and Saturday. Sunday, I had a toe blister and cut it down to 4 miles. I did skip my daily exercises and yoga. I got to sleep in a bit too, till 7am. 
And just like that.. in a blink of an eye, our mini vacation was over and we were back to work this morning. Now to plan the next mini vacation.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment