Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Comparing..

I finally got around to looking at my Garmin results for the 4 mile and 1 mile race on Saturday. 
So much for thinking it was longer then 4 miles! Exactly 4.0, which was not the case for the 1 mile. I came up with 1.06 miles and the .06 matters! 
I think my Garmin is way more accurate then the race results so I'm going with this as my official times. 
4 miles = 40:55 minutes. I counted my stopping times, eight! heat and humidity is no joke!!! 
I knew I could run it faster then an 8 minute mile. My moving time for exactly 1 mile was 7:48. That's just a minute and some seconds slower then my fastest time. I will never judge anyone for their running speed in Florida heat ever again! I should know this too from when I was on vacation, running in the Florida keys and my mile times were around 12 minutes for an easy pace. 

I'm done comparing and looking at all the race results. Lets just say, I'm not looking to do any more races any time soon. I know there is that half marathon on Aug 6th that I'm suppose to do, this 4 mile race in the heat reminded me that I just can't run with my feet 13 miles. It hurt to run 5 and I'll be almost tripling the distance. 
Last night, I had a bit of a freak out with Zoey. Logan noticed around her right eye and cheek was all swollen. I had no idea of what was going on. I called the emergency vet and they said it was probably an allergic reaction, but to what? Steve was out on a motorcycle ride and Celina was at the gym with my car. I finally got a hold of both of them and we all were off to the vet. We never made it there. I did some Googling and then Steve remembered how this happened after a bee sting to their other dog. We figured this is what caused the sudden swelling. Off to get some over the counter meds and she is good as new today. Saved us an emergency $120 vet bill! Instead we had Froyo and called it a night. 
We had a fun day at the pool. I picked up a lifejacket, beach towel and a craby soft pool toy for Evan. He was a good swimmer with that lifejacket. I got him to go under water when he jumped into the pool. He didn't want to leave! 

No comments:

Post a Comment