Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

You have to look Out!

I haven't ridden our tri-road bike since last fall. I biked up to the gym and figured might as well take this bike since its all paved roads. I did forget how to ride.. The shifting is completely different from the mountain bike which took my entire ride to figure out. I had to keep changing the gears. This bike kind of scares me. It goes fast, really fast and I wasn't ready to go lightening speed until I feel more comfortable. This bike also isn't like the mountain bike, you feel every little bump. It's like riding a brick, no bounce, which also takes some getting use to. I took it nice and slow.. plus those cages for the feet. I really do need clip-less pedals and shoes. 
Got to the gym.. did my normal whole body resistance/strength training for 30 minutes. Steve rode up a bit later and I met him outside at the bike rack. He said some guy got hit on his bike coming out of our neighborhood. They had to call an ambulance. I caught the end of all the accident as the police car, a few people and a car being towed away was still at the accident site. Kind of made me wish I had my other mountain bike on the ride home. It really freaked me out thinking about the risk you take riding along traffic. People just don't pay attention and You have to look out at all times to make sure the person in the car can see you. I try and make eye contact and would rather slow way down then try to zip on by when I see a car approach. Going fast for a speedy time doesn't matter if you get hurt by a car or killed. 
We are trying to figure out what really happened at the accident site. I bike and run by that very spot the guy got hit. Really shakes you up when its so close to home, on your regular route. 
On a lighter note.. yesterday was Evan day.. Celina helps so much with Evan and so does Logan. We all have so much fun playing with this little guy. He is full of energy and is now a little wiggle worm.. getting all over the place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment