Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, July 28, 2014

Get right back into it..

That's exactly what I did this morning after 4 days of vacation.. get right back into running. 

I got up extra early this morning, so I'd have over an hour to get ready to run. I have to do all my stretching before I can thinking about running. 
 Vacation really helped improve my easy feeling running today. I just decided no need to try and do any speed work. I wanted to take it easy.. I like how I can now do an 8 something minute mile.. even if it is close to a 9  minute mile.. it's still eight! And it didn't feel hard at all.. Now to get all 7 miles to feel that easy! 
The first day of camping in the wilderness I managed to figure out how to do a plank outside. I used our fire starting news paper so I wouldn't get dirty and my jacket helped cushion my elbows. Worked great! We got up and went biking right away on the other days so I didn't make time to do my planks.. a few days letting it slide by.. I really could have fit in a plank.. but I made that excuse.. I was just too busy having fun on vacation to do actual hard work. 

I was right back at Planking this morning. I came across a Plank test to determine if you need to work more on your core for athletes. 1 minute bent elbows, go right into holding up your right arm for 15 sec then left arm 15 sec, right leg 15 sec and last left leg 15 sec.. and hold the plank for another 30 seconds. Total time 2 minutes and 30 seconds done! Easy enough and time went quicker having to lift up my arm or leg. Might just have to do this every day for variety! Passed with flying colors thanks to doing daily planks since October 2013... 

I really like our fitness wilderness vacation. We both thought biking through the woods was the best experience! We loved every second of it. 
The kayaks were great to have along too. Steve was able to fish while I relaxed a bit. Paddling and biking are a good workout. Glad they use completely different muscles.. I was feeling a good arm workout from all that paddling. Nice to rest my legs and put my feet up. 
A great way to relax the day after a vacation.. watching Evan while Logan practices soccer. 

one last Northern woods photo.. just because.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment