Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I just can't concentrate.. filled with worry

I just can't concentrate and my workout suffered. It should help to get some cardio, but it didn't today. My mind was reeling..and filled with worry. As a parent we make some tough decisions for our kids. I know it was the right choice, but it doesn't make it feel any easier. I think its all set up to guilt parents.. SPORTS.. and the politics that all go into it. I made the decision to not let Logan try out for a soccer team due to more practice times per week, all year round. He's just not that kid who wants to do soccer 24/7.. not even 2 days a week. Most of his team all but 3 are now on another team. I feel bad. I wanted him to play soccer with the same kids. The money involved and practice amount then travel out of state is just not what our family is about. He will still play soccer and will be on a team with some of those same kids in middle school and High school, just not going to happen this year. I don't have the heart to tell him this year will be a BIG change. Maybe he will want to play more and go to practice more often this year? I guess we will see.. for now.. we will stick to keeping soccer fun.. isn't that what it should be for kids? They are not mini adults and its not a job.. its about just playing, getting exercise and working as a team. 
Logan does have team tryouts today.. we will see if some of the other boys who also didn't tryout for this other team will be on his fall team... Never hurts to make some comfort foods.. M&M cookies..that will make everything all right! At least this teams costs won't break the bank $$$$..
Like I said.. zero concentration this morning. I decided to not run.. just bike up to the gym. My plan was to lift weights for 30 minutes and bike home. I didn't last 30 minutes... I just wanted to be home.. Some days are going to be that way. I gave it a try and I just need to back off .. Its not a day to push through.. even though I probably should.. 
I really wanted to peddle fast and furious.. and I did for awhile in hopes that would help. It didn't.. and I gave up after 7 miles for the day.. Maybe later.. maybe not? Tomorrow is a new day and this too shall pass.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment