Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I quit!

Would I ever say those words "I Quit"? I sure hope not, although I wanted to this morning. Running is not easy! It takes a lot of hard effort to get those legs moving, the lungs to pump all that oxygen and lets not forget how hard that good old heart has to work. 
There I go again.. running to the gym. I always get the "Did you really just run up to the gym?'. This is from people that I see working out every day. Like 3.5 miles is a long way to run. I do 6 in the gym and to me its a lot easier to run outside, get fresh air then to run inside a stuffy same, old same old gym. 
As you know.. I've been trying to be better about strength training. I pretty much failed at it all last year, due to not enough time. I'm making time.. with my plan to add it into my workout at least 4 or 5 times a week for 30 minutes. I've been doing pretty good at this most weeks.. This too is easy to quit and I know the consequences of that.. less muscle tone equals NOT a good look! I don't care how thin someone might be.. if you don't have muscle tone then your still flabby and will still have cellulite as you age. 
My 6.77 miles were slower today. I did try and do some speed work the first 3.5 miles.. I'd speed up and slow down.. and then my run home I do what ever I feel like because I'm tired, hungry and want to rest. My goal for the first 3 miles was just to keep it under a 9 minute and 30 second mile, Goal Accomplished. Now to work on running all the miles in a 8 or 9 minute mile.. every run and have it feel easy. 
Of course I must share some more Evan photos from yesterday. I got him a new toy and he was all happy playing with it. 
The kids both have soccer at the same time, different locations tonight. I have a plan to bike during the hour. Good exercise and time well spent! Plus, I need to run, bike those buns off.. 





No comments:

Post a Comment