Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, July 6, 2014

I'm getting a slow start..

This is how I'm envisioning the start of my day, only I'm no longer at the lake. I'm at home on the couch with my feet up and having a slow start to my workout day.. 
I truly was excited about leaving the lake on Saturday night so at least my Sunday I would get in a run. It's been a whole 6 days since I last went for a run and that wasn't even a long run, only 2.3 miles. Now you can see why I needed to get home. I have to get back to running. 
We did have a nice 4th of July weekend at Sauk Lake. I spent a little too much time inside this tent laying on that air mattress, reading and finishing the book, "The Fault in Our Stars". 

Celina and I took turns reading the book and I had a hard time waiting my turn. I'd have to say, this wasn't a feel good book, not the type of book I seek out to read but since there was so much media hype, I had to read it. Glad I did but now I need another book because I always feel let down when I finish a book and have nothing there to replace it.. I need a good read and fast, but what? 
We mostly had good weather with the exception of the wind. It was CrAzY windy on the 4th and not very warm. The other days, nice. I gave up trying to go for any type of exercise other then to do planks and my usual yoga stretches in the morning on the beach. 

That's the one Ah..ha.. moment I had for the weekend. I decided that stretching and doing planks outside in the grass this summer would be the best way to wake me up and take in the nice morning. Only its not going to happen that way this morning.. we have rain. Which is exactly why we came home from the lake Saturday night.. We didn't want to be stuck in the rain at the lake and now.. it's raining and I can't do my yoga outside in the grass and I'm having a slow start because I don't want to run in the rain or bike. The gym also does not sound like a fun option.. I kind of would rather run even in the rain, even if it doesn't sound that way at the moment. 
One last firework photo. I didn't take that many photos, just because I wanted to watch them all and not have to take a billion photos. We had the best show.. fireworks on all sides of us at the lake. Everyone goes all out and spends a small fortune on the good fireworks. It was well past 11pm and we had plenty of fireworks to go... which we will save for another night. 
Kind of sad when you have too many fireworks and can't light them all off. 
The kids and Steve did some tube riding around the lake. I would rather drive the jet ski then jump up and down in a tube. The water at the lake was a bit chilly at first, then felt great. 
We got to experience Celina driving for the first time. She will be 15 in 7 months and a driver. She wanted to try driving the boat and did a great job at it. 
We all ate a ton of crap this weekend, hot dogs, chips, s'mores.. the usual camping kind of foods. We do go to town a lot to eat out. No one really likes to do camping foods all the time. 
I do think I sleep the best in the camper. It works as a sleeping drug.. I'm just tired all the time and could sleep for hours, even taking naps all day. Must be all the fresh air.. just knocks me out. Sleep does wonders for running recovery so I'll just say I worked on my sleep to be a better runner this week. I was back to my normal crappy sleeping habits last night..back at home in my own bed. 
One of our piggies, Miss Bella died on July 3rd. I knew she wasn't doing well before we left and sure enough, she died the next day. We all got to say goodbye and will have a piggy funeral at some point today if the rain stops. Rest in Peace Miss Bella... 







No comments:

Post a Comment