Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

More biking miles then I was planning!

In Grand Marias we came across a few of these bikes parked around town. How cool is that, a little town now had bikes all around for you to ride. I'm not sure how their program works for the bike use since we had our own bikes and didn't need to use these. 
I set off to do only a few miles on the bike. I just finished running 7 miles and lifting weights for 30 minutes. I just really wanted to do a bike ride.. after all if I do a dualthalon its good training to do one right after the other. 
I ended up biking 9.68 miles in 41 minutes! How's that for not feeling like going for a bike ride. I found a new road once I got to the closed dirt road. It took me on a detour around that area and back onto a familiar paved road that connected me back to one of my other favorite, but hilly dirt roads. 
To answer my question.. did it make me feel stronger? No just a little more tired.. but I do feel like I could easily knock out a sprint or Olympic distance dualthalon. I am sure there is an advantage to working my legs harder on dirt roads with larger tires... because this dualthalon will be all on roads with skinny tires.. easy compared to this 10 miles I just finished! It should be a piece of cake...well not sure I can say that ever about racing! Just finishing the distance and doing it will be an accomplishment! So yes! I do feel stronger and confident in this race distance. 
I don't have all day to bike, like I did on vacation.. I'd better get to work! 



No comments:

Post a Comment