Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ah.. the weekend....

I was able to start my weekend on Friday morning super early.. It was another all day outside sitting at the soccer fields. Thankfully it was another beautiful day.. not too hot, just the right amount of breeze with sun shine and some cloud cover throughout the day. 
Logan's Team won the morning game. It was a real nail biter. They were tied 1 to 1, went into over time 5 minutes, no score then another 5 minutes and no score.. To a shoot out at the goals. The boys won.. 3 goals to 1, in the shoot out. This was a win/lose for the parents.. We had a 4 hours or so to kill before the next game, which the boys lost in the last 10 minutes. They were winning 2 to 1 and then it all fell apart. If they had won that last game, I would have been spending a very early Saturday morning once again out at the soccer fields... I was a tiny bit sad to see them lose but happy I didn't have to drive back to Blaine for the 5th day in a row. 
Our neighbors purchased their 3rd RV to rent out. This was brand new and we all got together for RV Drinks.. It kind of feels like your on a mini vacation right in the neighborhood. Too bad our pop-up camper isn't this nice. The RV comes with 2 TV's one inside and one on the outside, under an awning, plus has a fireplace, bathroom with shower and a complete kitchen. I think the only thing that's missing is a dishwasher. 
I could have raced this morning but a few glasses of wine and running don't mix. I'd be too dehydrated to run the race I wanted. Plus, I'm not feeling the love of racing right now.. 
We just wanted to bike this morning.. I had to feed Kendra's doggies so we biked to her house first
The doggies were so happy to see us. We fed them and off again we peddled. Up to the grocery store for eggs, bacon and potatoes. 
I'm guessing it was about 11-12 miles round trip of biking. We took the closed road to the store and home. We had to carry all the stuff we purchased so we just wanted to get home by taking the shortest route. 
I really do love that we have this nice ride so close to home. It so cool going by cows and all these small ponds along a dirt road. 
We didn't race through our bike ride but just enjoyed the views.. With all the stops we had to make to feed the dog, go shop it didn't feel like much of a workout. I decided to go run my favorite 4 mile loop, dirt road to pavement. 
Breakfast would be waiting for me when I got done running so I kind of tried to pick up the pace. My body wanted to go nice and slow but I just wanted to be done. 
I can't complain about my 4 mile pace.. Mile 2 is hard with a lot of rolling hills and its mostly up.. I would have liked to see an 8 something minute mile, but the rest of the miles were a good pace. Not too hard but hard enough were I had to work a little to keep the pace on the hills. 
I had to make the waffles, but everything else was cooked, hot and waiting when I got home. I probably should have included fruit but I'll have my raspberries and Greek yogurt for an evening snack when I would have a bowl of ice cream. Glad to give up that bad habit... I don't even miss ice cream when I have my fruit and Greek low fat yogurt. Yum!
I'm overly sweaty.. guess it's probably not a good idea to sit in my own sweat all morning.. 







No comments:

Post a Comment