Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Thursday, July 10, 2014

I'm on Empty!

How can this be? I'm at the bottom of my Chunky Skippy Peanut butter already. I do love this stuff. I'd better pick up another humongous jar today or I'll be scraping the jar for my breakfast. I consider my Peanut butter fix to be my good healthy protein breakfast. I'm not sure I'll ever give it up. 

Last night, we went over to Steve's parents for a steak dinner. I was going to give up wine.. to cut calories but then I tried this bottle of Moscato, delicious even at room temperature. It really should have been chilled but I'm not complaining. The Steak was pretty good too and the fresh salad from the farmer market. 
It would be rude to turn down dessert. This isn't on my healthy snack list. I had to give myself a frown sad face for having this as my unhealthy treat. Salted caramel ice cream with chunks of chocolate in a waffle cone. It felt like we went out for ice cream cones. It was that good! Not having ice cream every night made me enjoy every last bite. I'll just save it for a special treat once in awhile and stick to my Greek Yogurt with fruit for a nightly treat. 

Why the special meal, and dessert? Why no workout report today? Steve is going in for a MRI today. He's had ringing in his ears and muscle spasms in his calves. They inject dye, which he could have a reaction to.. he's allergic to a lot of stuff. Hopefully, he won't be to this dye. That's the scary part. I expect all will go good and he will find out the ringing is nothing to be concerned about other then annoying. I choose to sleep in and just be home this morning.. not out running or biking.. One day of not doing anything won't kill me, but the dye could take away the person who I care about. 
I was reading an article yesterday about how couples don't always take the time to listen to each other. If they take the time to engage you in conversation, stop what you are reading or watching on TV or doing and just answer back. Be present and communicate. That's showing you care.. I'm guilty of tuning out.. so I can continue to read or watch TV. I'm going to make an effort to just pause and give those I care about my attention... it's the small things that add up ..
I'm really not sure what the workout plan will be later on. I did my morning yoga, planks and some home weights. If I have time to bike after my massage. Yes, a much needed massage this afternoon.. I will go do something.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment