Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Saturday, October 10, 2020

Taking it all in...my only issue!

 What a great Friday! I made crackers and attempted to make fluffy Japanese pancakes. The crackers were excellent as always. The fluffy pancakes, not so much! I tried cooking them in the microwave and that was a fail! I tried cooking them in a metal mold to make them tall and that was a fail. I also tried cooking them just like normal pancakes on higher heat and that was a burnt fail. I ended up throwing them all out! The best version was the first attempt at cooking them in the microwave. Probably edible, but I fed it to the birds.  I had yet another baking fail this morning when I made a apple panakuken. I forgot to add the flour, so it's just scrambled eggs with sugar, apples and cinnamon. Not awful tasting but not what I wanted to eat or make! 


At least our mini slider burgers we cooked turned out perfectly delicious!

I love the smaller size since I just can't eat a whole burger! 

Friday afternoon we drove to the local winery in Hastings. I had a glass of wine, then switched to an IPA. We sat out in the vineyards among the leaf-less grape vines. The only issue, was all the no-see-um bugs! Drove me crazy as they were landing on me and biting! We had to get out of there! I left my black sweater that I love at the winery. Super bummed about that! I did call the winery and they have my sweater, so I'll go pick it up today! Fingers crossed I do get it back! 

Our front maple tree is all colorful. We sat outside last night in the front yard since it was so warm out after the sun went down. Logan had some friends over and they were all on the deck. So we wanted to stay out of the house and away from the kids and germs. I made sure to disinfect every surface this morning! The kids were good about wearing a mask while walking through our house to the back yard. 
I finally picked up more masks for the family to use. I also received some hand made fabric filter inserts from another sewing blogger to add as an additional layer of protection. 
I was using coffee filters, but they would crumple up and it was just a mess getting them in between the fabric layers. 

I might have to enjoy being outdoors today in my hammock protected from all those no-see-um bugs! 
I received this cute photo of my grandkids sleeping together. Nice to see how close they want to be to each other. Madelyn turns 1 in November! How fast the year has gone. 
Pence's eye, was the first thing I noticed on the VP debate. I was trying not to look at Pence during the debate so I completely missed the fly. Love this photo! My answer? Not the guy on the right! lol.













No comments:

Post a Comment