Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Monday, October 19, 2020

I needed this!

 I slept in till 8:30am this morning! I sure needed the extra sleep! I hardly ever sleep in. I usually love my early mornings when the house is quiet, I can clean up the kitchen, do my yoga before anyone comes down. Not this morning, I slept as long as I could. It felt great! 


Steve left to run without me, which I can't blame him. I wanted my sleep more then to run. He did try and get me up but I never heard him! So, off I went with Zoey to the park and we did our 1 mile loop. I'm going to the park and will be taking her for a walk too. I might as well try to enjoy the last snow free day! We are predicted to get up to 5" of snow tomorrow. I actually hope we do get that much! I want to ski! 
I was craving Crepes! Sunday morning I made up a batch for Steve and I. My favorite use to be grape jelly, now it's always raspberry with seeds. 

I was still in the baking mood, so I made up some more garlic crackers, then some caramel rolls. After 40 years of making caramel rolls, I finally figured out how bakeries make them so good! I always tried to make the caramel while baking, adding butter and brown sugar on the bottom of the pan. Most of the time, the sugar would crystalize and just be kind of hard and not great! Well, I forgot this time and made caramel on the stove top, butter, brown sugar and some cheap maple syrup and heavy cream. Cooked till boiled and all sugar was dissolved. I just poured it on top! Winner, Winner! Don't ask why this never occurred to me before! The whole plate is gone! 





No comments:

Post a Comment