Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Weight-loss, Fitness, Running

Sunday, April 19, 2020

What we are up to this Sunday!

What am I up to this Sunday? I got up and made some crepes! Unfortunately, we were out of Vanilla. I looked at the store yesterday but the only bottle was really small for $9 at Target. I'll wait and see if I can find a bigger bottle! So we did without, which was fine. They still tasted good. We are also low and now out of raspberry jelly.  As soon as I got home from the store, I already had another shopping list going with things I didn't get and other things I didn't know we needed. I did score a big supply of  Paper towels so that was nice. We were almost out and I was overly conserving what I used.

Steve made some bacon and forgot about it. It's really cooked. I always set the timer and he doesn't. Who forgot it? Well, that's what happens, over done burnt food.

What else are we doing this Sunday? Steve is finishing up working on Kendra's Town house to get it ready to sell. He just has to paint some trim and install a bathroom floor, some click tile, oh and install a new toilet in that bathroom. It will probably take all day long! Monday, he has a estimate for another job. Which is good. He is getting a cold, so that's not good. Hopefully, that's all it is. He was around his mother last week, Wednesday/Thursday or was it Thursday/Friday? She was sniffing and touching her nose like crazy! I stayed away from her but he went for drinks with his dad. Standing close to his 80+year old parents. I told him not to do it. Who listens?


I also scored some hair dye. There were three people in that isle at Target looking at hair color. I didn't want to linger, so I just quickly grabbed a box. Golden light brown. Hum.. Usually, I don't get golden but it will be better than nothing at this point. I need to cover the grays. Steve and I will just share the box since I only need a tiny bit around my hair line and he doesn't use much either. The hair coloring will have to take place tonight! A whole 30 minutes of hair color fun. ugh!! 

I'm also making more of my crackers today. I used olive oil in place of butter and they turned out just as good. We've been eating them as fast as I'm making them. I'll need more flour soon. None at Target so I'll have to look next time I'm at the store. 

What a I doing to not catch the Corona Virus? 
I'm not wearing earrings these days. It's metal and I tend to touch them a lot. No need to have germs on my ears transferred to my hands. I also wear a mask when working and going to the store. Other things we do is wash all food packaging when we get home with soapy water and rise. I clean my car after too with soapy water and a micro fiber towel. Inside and car handles and wipe out the trunk where we had the food. I never bring my purse into the store. I just bring in my credit card and that's it. I have shoes I only wear to work and the store. I also disinfect my shoes with lysol spray and the face mask. We hang up the face masks in the garage on a nail hook to dry and have ready to use. Are we going over board? I think not! I also try to disinfect our house every morning. Using soap and water, then using a dilute solution of bleach on door knobs, countertops, light switches etc. I change clothes after I work, right away and wash those items in hot water and dry on high heat. I have yet to do that after going shopping but I might just do that now. Or maybe just pants since touch my pocket to get out my credit card. We all wash our hands any time we are out, for 20 seconds or more. Will we all keep up this until the virus is gone? Or will we start to relax and not do as much? Sometimes I find myself wanting to just not wash all the food when we bring it in. Or not to care so much about touching the mail. I wear gloves for that too and wash them after, taking them off carefully. I was putting the mail on the shelf in the garage for 2 days before opening. It can last on paper for 24 hours.   We should probably do this stuff every flu season to prevent deaths. I do think the stores should keep cleaning carts, have distance in place for shoppers and use the plexy glass to keep cashiers safe. 






No comments:

Post a Comment